What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malik112099

Reaction score
the motor is inside the part that mounts to the door frame but you can access it by taking the mirror part you do not have to remove it from the door frame
this guys video goes over how to do it
when you get to the last part when the spring comes off then you can just lift the black off and the gear is inside there and at that point you can also test the motor or clean up the contacts if is corroded or something.
you will need some tools and a socket that will fit over the fitting and a vise, it's all shown in the video
View attachment 376713

When I bought my 07 in 17 both mirrors had broken gears and wouldn't fold. Opened them up and replaced the plastic gears and motors with gruven replacements. Been working fine since.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 07 in 17 both mirrors had broken gears and wouldn't fold. Opened them up and replaced the plastic gears and motors with gruven replacements. Been working fine since.
ya it's fairly common for the gear to break, his could be jammed or the motor not getting a good contact the connector on the motor is not all that wonderful in my opinion.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya it's fairly common for the gear to break, his could be jammed or the motor not getting a good contact the connector on the motor is not all that wonderful in my opinion.
I had the gear break on the passenger side mirror, and replace both sides with the metal ones from gruven. The odd thing with mine since the replacement - sometimes a mirror 'forgets' if it's folded or not, and I have to physically fold it, then hit the switch for it to be normal. It makes a pop then it's ok for 4-6 months

Malik112099

Reaction score
I had the gear break on the passenger side mirror, and replace both sides with the metal ones from gruven. The odd thing with mine since the replacement - sometimes a mirror 'forgets' if it's folded or not, and I have to physically fold it, then hit the switch for it to be normal. It makes a pop then it's ok for 4-6 months
I had this happen for the first time a few months ago. I came back to my truck and the passenger side mirror had been manually folded by someone. No big deal as I've had to fold mirrors to back out before and I appreciate it over you just damaging it. When I hit the button to fold both in the driver's side worked fine but when I unfolded them the passenger mirror stayed in place. I manually folded it back out and it worked fine after that. Has happened once since as well. Maybe the key is to manually unfold it first to "reset" it. Other than that no issues.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since no one does anything technical to a K2, posting here too.

So the Tech2 is the diagnostic unit used for the gmt900 and earlier rigs.

What is the unit used for the K2s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum