What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this post moves way to fast for me to keep up with lol

Well, it did kinda become a remote chapter of @89Suburban's build thread. :D

This thread seems to do that for various members from time to time. As with Pawpaw's case, it's usually because of an urgent cry for help.

What’s weird is I can check in daily sometimes and it’s like ice melting.

But then all of a sudden after two days I’m ten pages behind. o_O
No kiddin. I was caught up earlier today and didn’t get any alerts, then I check and I’m 3-4 pages behind.

And it was PawPaw’s turn for sure with what he’s going through.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second to last left turn into work today, signal gave me the old hyper blink. For some reason the very new alphaRex turn signal is not working.
Then I tried it again and the blinker unit was cycling normally but I'm not sure if the bulb was on or not, and then started to hyperblink again. So either the bulb fried or I have a bad connection somewhere, somehow. Which means I have to pull the bumper to screw with the headlights again.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran her a little lower than normal.
She's a heavy drinker, loves the booze. ~205mi
Are you running premium? Curious what the prices are for everyone else…ours always seem to be one of the highest in the country.
I love when people from favorable climates, weigh in on rustbelt repairs. “ I’ve never actually had to deal with it, but my book says your doing it wrong”

All in good fun,
Mike the salt truck mechanic
The term “salt truck mechanic” makes me cringe and reach for a BFH to fix any problem you run into. Michigan winters play hell on vehicles, I do my best to limit my driving during those months (all ten of them), or at least give them baths often.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's got me confused with the dorman parts is basically any website I look them up on it says non of them fit my truck.
I would trust there site about as much as when you said that Amazon mentioned the same thing. I think it was @Rocket Man that said something along the lines of “if they had to input EVERY year, make, model vehicles info it would be a nightmare for their system.

So over the weekend, I installed my lLED head light bulbs, LED Fog light bulbs, full length 3rd brake light, 4th gen style tail lights, front sway bar end links and front brakes. I'll be working on the rear on e the weather gets a bit better here in Chicago
Are the 4th Gen tail lights the same fit with just a different look?
Presently scraping some damaged window tint off the driver’s window. That stuff is a biotch to remove.
Try either a heat gun and some GooGone, or a bottle of hot water with a drop of fabric softener. Don’t ask me why the second one works, but it also helps take wall paper off like nobodies business. Since the plastic layer came off, you might be stuck with the heat gun and Googone.

I picked that option as a dare because I couldn't believe it and it went through and it was delivered by Doordash.
Ignorance is bliss, so be nice guys, and remember I don’t do participate in social media of any kind outside of this forum, I haven’t turned on the news since 2012, and didn’t know gas pumps had movie screens that yelled at you while you were pumping. With that being said…What the hell is a “Doordash”.
Well, it did kinda become a remote chapter of @89Suburban's build thread. :D

This thread seems to do that for various members from time to time. As with Pawpaw's case, it's usually because of an urgent cry for help.
I feel that way trying to play catch up sometime. Kinda like this response…it’s also a response to 107 other messages I just finally read through.
Probably going to be what appears to be a brass onion -- er, union -- with a lot of barbs. Not sure if that little gray tool is to disconnect the quick connect or help install the union.
It’s a glass onion, not brass onion.

Second to last left turn into work today, signal gave me the old hyper blink. For some reason the very new alphaRex turn signal is not working.
Then I tried it again and the blinker unit was cycling normally but I'm not sure if the bulb was on or not, and then started to hyperblink again. So either the bulb fried or I have a bad connection somewhere, somehow. Which means I have to pull the bumper to screw with the headlights again.
Did you try flipping any of your bulbs over? Some of the smaller LED blinker bulbs are “polarized” - I can’t think of the correct term, but some of them will stop that crazy seizure blink from happening just by flipping the bulb and reinstalling it.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Are you running premium? Curious what the prices are for everyone else…ours always seem to be one of the highest in the country.

The term “salt truck mechanic” makes me cringe and reach for a BFH to fix any problem you run into. Michigan winters play hell on vehicles, I do my best to limit my driving during those months (all ten of them), or at least give them baths often.

Here is the price in Snohomish co WA state ( about 1 hour drive north of Seattle )

gas price.jpg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

E85 $3.55
91 $ 4.85~

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would trust there site about as much as when you said that Amazon mentioned the same thing. I think it was @Rocket Man that said something along the lines of “if they had to input EVERY year, make, model vehicles info it would be a nightmare for their system.

Are the 4th Gen tail lights the same fit with just a different look?

Try either a heat gun and some GooGone, or a bottle of hot water with a drop of fabric softener. Don’t ask me why the second one works, but it also helps take wall paper off like nobodies business. Since the plastic layer came off, you might be stuck with the heat gun and Googone.

Ignorance is bliss, so be nice guys, and remember I don’t do participate in social media of any kind outside of this forum, I haven’t turned on the news since 2012, and didn’t know gas pumps had movie screens that yelled at you while you were pumping. With that being said…What the hell is a “Doordash”.

I feel that way trying to play catch up sometime. Kinda like this response…it’s also a response to 107 other messages I just finally read through.

It’s a glass onion, not brass onion.

Did you try flipping any of your bulbs over? Some of the smaller LED blinker bulbs are “polarized” - I can’t think of the correct term, but some of them will stop that crazy seizure blink from happening just by flipping the bulb and reinstalling it.
None of them are led, and everything's been working fine for the last couple thousand miles.