What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given my personal experience, it will be the pan gasket... :(

PS - Although I think that is better news than the rear seal. So...
My sentiments exactly. I'd be ok if it's the pan and the oil cooler block off as long as it isn't the rear main seal. The truck is 2wd, so the pan would be pretty straight forward, even in the driveway.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad, like $6k for all 4. :chair:Then there’s $4k in Wilwoods behind them. :insane:

Yeah, Billets cost money for sure. Then tires are additional expense...

I used to roll on Intro's, I picked this set up for 500 bucks, just had 2 bent lips, had rims fixed and good as new... ahhh the old days...

06-1.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Billets cost money for sure. Then tires are additional expense...

I used to roll on Intro's, I picked this set up for 500 bucks, just had 2 bent lips, had rims fixed and good as new... ahhh the old days...

View attachment 277780
That’s the cool thing about billets- they can be fixed pretty easily. intro will even re-hoop them if the hoops are too messed up as long as the center billet parts are still good.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tracking number for my Stainless Works 3.5" catback. Should arrive Friday, too bad I'm working Saturday.

Just ordered a set of the rubber baffles that go around the radiator...might be buying a cold case sooner rather than later.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the front brake pads and rotors. And found out in the process that both front caliper brackets had badly frozen caliper pins. They were solidly stuck in the caliper brackets, and wouldn't slide, or rotate, apparently.

I tried to put a little twist to the stuck lower guide pin, but it just went POP.
KYzpOWg.jpg

Luckily the parts store had new front brackets, guide pins, and boots in stock.
mJfgPMU.jpg
W5oOSPo.jpg

Then this happened....
fNVo4zZ.jpg

Driver's rotor was seized on the hub. After lots of lube and heat it just came down to percussive maintenance, but once that was off I was able to brush off all the old crud and get it nice and (mostly) shiny-ish. Installation was a breeze.

I was ready for a battle on the passenger side, but everything came apart without a hassle. The passenger side caliper bracket also had a seized lower guide pin, but I had bought a new bracket out of caution, so as soon as I realized that it wasn't turning/free-moving I chucked it in the ****-It Bucket™, and carried on. Driver's side took like 2 hours including trip to parts store, passenger side took 30 mins, including beers and inner reflection.

Cleaned up, and went for a little rip to verify the front brakes worked. I'll finish up with the rears this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts