What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the Mini split works out for you, I have a 18k BTU window unit in the garage and have been looking at replacements that are a bit more efficient.
I can say with confidence that a mini-split is FAR superior to a window unit. You get significantly better efficiency, better control over air handling and temperature, and programmability that a window unit can't come close to.

Installation is pretty easy. The outside part sits on a slab, or a bracket on the wall. The inside part hangs on the wall on a bracket, similar to a microwave oven. You need a 3" diameter hole for the line set to pass through, and a single circuit to power the whole thing.

I've had a 3/4t mini-split in my bonus room for 12 years with zero issues. I spent uncle Joe's stimulus check on a 1t unit for my workshop. It's on a pallet in my garage waiting for a free/non-rainy weekend to install it. This will replace a very old, loud and inefficient window unit that I can't wait to get rid of!

Don't wait. Do it.

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
A little payback today for all the time and money invested.
View attachment 277580

Making me want that lift...
it would fix that ground clearance issue i have with the hoe

This 6" one was too short to bother with the mesh, so it's all heat shrink:

img_5801-jpg.277625

It runs from the engine block (at the bolt for the power steering pump bracket) to the frame (under an engine mount bolt):

img_5802-jpg.277626

Copied the factory alternator-to-main fuse cable:

img_5805-jpg.277627

With very minor trimming of the mount on the firewall, the lug fit fine:

img_5807-jpg.277628

Followed the original routing and was even able to slip the terminal boot on after a little squirt of B'laster:

img_5808-jpg.277629

I want to replace the battery terminals with some marine post-to-stud adapters. I'll make the positive lead from the battery to the main fuse when I get those terminals. I'd like to make a starter wire as well.

Giving me ideas, as I try and find things to keep my self entertained while the machine shop takes it's sweet sweet time...

Too late, but i love this stuff for wrapping wires. Amazon.com: Heatshield Products (204011) 3/8" ID x 10' Hot Rod Sleeve Roll: Automotive
Lots of different sizes, and it looks great with a little shrink tubing to seal the ends.
In the old vette, the dashboard is a big piece of Styrofoam, I found a few somewhat unfused wires that go within inches of that piece of foam.

few years back; I had the dashboard headlight switch go out, started a mini fire.
Once i pulled the dash in order to fix it i saw how bad it could have been.

One inch away from that big piece of white Styrofoam!
then the problem that fiberglass is technically flammable. :banghead:

:jester:

Yup. every wire i could get to, got wrapped with that heatshield stuff.
:waytogo:

And, maybe tomorrow I'll harass the machine shop again...
if they don't think they will have it done by this weekend, I'm thinking about ordering this: Total Seal Piston Rings 8910 Total Seal Piston Ring Squaring Tools | Summit Racing

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making me want that lift...
it would fix that ground clearance issue i have with the hoe

Giving me ideas, as I try and find things to keep my self entertained while the machine shop takes it's sweet sweet time...

Too late, but i love this stuff for wrapping wires. Amazon.com: Heatshield Products (204011) 3/8" ID x 10' Hot Rod Sleeve Roll: Automotive
Lots of different sizes, and it looks great with a little shrink tubing to seal the ends.
In the old vette, the dashboard is a big piece of Styrofoam, I found a few somewhat unfused wires that go within inches of that piece of foam.

few years back; I had the dashboard headlight switch go out, started a mini fire.
Once i pulled the dash in order to fix it i saw how bad it could have been.

One inch away from that big piece of white Styrofoam!
then the problem that fiberglass is technically flammable. :banghead:

:jester:

Yup. every wire i could get to, got wrapped with that heatshield stuff.
:waytogo:

And, maybe tomorrow I'll harass the machine shop again...
if they don't think they will have it done by this weekend, I'm thinking about ordering this: Total Seal Piston Rings 8910 Total Seal Piston Ring Squaring Tools | Summit Racing
Thanks for that one but this time I AM only adding it to my list, not ordering it by mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts