What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Well, it’s not much... but I got bored and decided I would finally take the badges off the rear hatch before I give him a bath [emoji41] I put this off for years just out of pure laziness but glad I finally followed through.

633d1c0f8886e2d3505844891e7539f6.jpg
I personally have a couple badges I want to take off. On the doors where it has the GM emblem and then says ‘tahoe’ I’d like to just take off the tahoe badge and the thick strip of like- plastic so you supposedly don’t get door dings but I’m worried my paint is too faded and scratched so it would look weird with fresh paint exposed from under the trim/emblems.

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
I personally have a couple badges I want to take off. On the doors where it has the GM emblem and then says ‘tahoe’ I’d like to just take off the tahoe badge and the thick strip of like- plastic so you supposedly don’t get door dings but I’m worried my paint is too faded and scratched so it would look weird with fresh paint exposed from under the trim/emblems.

Do it. I was worried about the same thing especially because mine is black and it sits in the hot Texas sun. You can kinda sorta see the outline but really it is not bad at all. I’m no auto detailer by any means but after I got everything off, I went over the areas with some scratch-x and then did a little bit of rubbing compound then applied some wax. Now it’s practically invisible. 2efefbc6cf2a9b700a7063820db69b03.jpg

^^^^That was before the scratch-x & compound

And this was after vvvvv

1eefff7baa8dc4bd61d6477d2a27758b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Do it. I was worried about the same thing especially because mine is black and it sits in the hot Texas sun. You can kinda sorta see the outline but really it is not bad at all. I’m no auto detailer by any means but after I got everything off, I went over the areas with some scratch-x and then did a little bit of rubbing compound then applied some wax. Now it’s practically invisible. 2efefbc6cf2a9b700a7063820db69b03.jpg

^^^^That was before the scratch-x & compound

And this was after vvvvv

1eefff7baa8dc4bd61d6477d2a27758b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will see. Prob just going to leave it alone. Next summer I may just pull the trim and emblems and send it in for paint correction.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about everyone else that likes to breathe
Hey Brent if some of us wanna delete our cats, guess what? We will. No need to try and shame us, there’s no place for that here. If you’re worried about how much we’re polluting you’re driving the wrong vehicle and you’re definitely on the wrong forum. Maybe you should go visit the guys over at priuschat.com. Come on man.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Hey Brent if some of us wanna delete our cats, guess what? We will. No need to try and shame us, there’s no place for that here. If you’re worried about how much we’re polluting you’re driving the wrong vehicle and you’re definitely on the wrong forum. Maybe you should go visit the guys over at priuschat.com. Come on man.
I’d hella consider getting a hybrid tahoe if the battery management computer didn’t beat up the battery packs so bad. I love the idea of hypermiling vehicles. After I’m done with my undergrad I want to get some of the hybrid trim pieces to help with aerodynamics.

Maaaaaaaaybe the 18” uptralight rims. Maybe.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d hella consider getting a hybrid tahoe if the battery management computer didn’t beat up the battery packs so bad. I love the idea of hypermiling vehicles. After I’m done with my undergrad I want to get some of the hybrid trim pieces to help with aerodynamics.

I love my loud supercharged, cammed, no cats, longtube headers 6.0 Denali that gets 9 mpg and is a blast to drive. I couldn’t care less about mpg, I want smiles per mile lmao. I’ve ridden in a Tesla roadster and it’s just not the same. Plus I can tow.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I love my loud supercharged, cammed, no cats, longtube headers 6.0 Denali that gets 9 mpg and is a blast to drive. I couldn’t care less about mpg, I want smiles per mile lmao. I’ve ridden in a Tesla roadster and it’s just not the same. Plus I can tow.
I’m right there with you. The average mpg calculator in the dash is a game to see how high I can get it is what i was saying. I’d happily run the aerodynamic trim with 33” tires and a leveling kit

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

they last 150k-200k miles typical...

even on a 11year old battery she can still do peelouts without hitting the traction control off... burn outs if you disable the stinking-link and T/C via fuse pulling......

cars are a death trap here, most areas are 40-60MPH in the city streets...

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
they last 150k-200k miles typical...

even on a 11year old battery she can still do peelouts without hitting the traction control off... burn outs if you disable the stinking-link and T/C via fuse pulling......
better be careful. Burnouts gonna use up all the oxygen and pollute. Some of us like to use our lungs man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia