What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 12589.

You cheater. You edited your post after I asked. lol

That seems to be the common impression of this muffler. I got the one that's one step louder (12259 copy) and I was actually disappointed at first because it BARELY sounded any different than stock. Now that it's broken in, I really like it. It's not as quiet inside as stock but it's not obtrusive in the least. It has a pleasing mellow hum that's there just enough to let me hear the engine purr and I can control the volume with the skinny pedal. With the passenger side windows down and next to a retaining wall, it has a surprisingly aggressive growl at high-RPM/WOT.

Yours will probably get a little louder and/or more aggressive over the next 1,000 miles or so.

Have a link to that tip?

Blue Rock

Reaction score
You cheater. You edited your post after I asked. lol

That seems to be the common impression of this muffler. I got the one that's one step louder (12259 copy) and I was actually disappointed at first because it BARELY sounded any different than stock. Now that it's broken in, I really like it. It's not as quiet inside as stock but it's not obtrusive in the least. It has a pleasing mellow hum that's there just enough to let me hear the engine purr and I can control the volume with the skinny pedal. With the passenger side windows down and next to a retaining wall, it has a surprisingly aggressive growl at high-RPM/WOT.

Yours will probably get a little louder and/or more aggressive over the next 1,000 miles or so.

Have a link to that tip?

I got the tip off ebay..........https://www.ebay.com/itm/Muffler-Ti...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice. Thank you for the link. Could I trouble you for a side pic from something like 15'-20' away? I'm trying to get an idea of the tip outlet size in relation to the rest of the car. I have a similar design of tip, but they're polished stainless and maybe 2.25" each. I think they're a bit on the small side for what I want.

Blue Rock

Reaction score
Nice. Thank you for the link. Could I trouble you for a side pic from something like 15'-20' away? I'm trying to get an idea of the tip outlet size in relation to the rest of the car. I have a similar design of tip, but they're polished stainless and maybe 2.25" each. I think they're a bit on the small side for what I want.
I can get a better pic tomorrow. This is the only one I have on my phone right now, but it has a distorted image. thumbnail12.jpg

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it won't work with out fabrication, I thought about doing this. Silverado dash is shaped differently.

Yeah, I got busy at work today and didn't get a chance to circle back, but after doing a short amount of research from what I could tell there was a different dash/cluster option available in the GMT900 Silverados and Sierras that was different from the regular ones, which is the same as the SUV's.

I think it may have had something to do with whether the truck came with the full floor mount center console or not, or with the "40/20/40" booster seat/flip up console configuration.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it won't work with out fabrication, I thought about doing this. Silverado dash is shaped differently.

View attachment 215163

My LTZ silverado dash is the exact same as a yukon/tahoe dash...

The dash you posted is from an LT, which still has the same shape cluster

My Silverado
0fU0RTL.jpg