What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided that I'm going to take the leveling kit off and go with a DJM 2/3 drop.

I also just bought these and going to sell my stocks with the 285's

I'll post pics of the rims installed as soon as I get them on :)

Those tires are SUPER dressed...lol. Save some tire shine for the rest of us!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds sweet! I guess the resonator doesn't make that big of a difference as far as being too loud. Can I just cut it off as close to the resonator as possible and get a new tip that exits the side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mdhawk

I did this to my 2013 Suburban. I am likely going to get a tip welded on out the side or you can just buy the SLP resonator delete kit. $125

http://www.slponline.com/product/31...-Yukon-XL-53L-Dual-Tip-Tailpipe-Assembly.html

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely zero change in sound while revving, driving or stomping on it. The only difference is at start up, there is no burble since the resonator is gone. The wife has not even noticed and it is her daily driver.

The SLP kit is perfect for this mod, but needs to be cut a few inches towards the front of the truck on the other side of that hanger. I am still unsure what I am doing at this point with it or just leaving it as is.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$125 for some startup sound and some shiny bits. Makes sense.....seriously, im debating it now.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many posts about the SLP across this forum and others. It is the simplest bolt on mod after you cut off the OEM resonator. @ubervic and I went back and forth a couple times about this. I cut the resonator off and then he installed the SLP. A few other guys recently have done it as well. Those double tips look really nice in place of the OEM boring tail pipe.

Here's another thread on it.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/slp-resonator-delete.72464/

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I highly recommend the SLP kit. The install is easy, especially if you jack the rear up off the ground in order to get a clearer cutting path with a sawzall. (I was somewhat lazy and did not jack my truck up to do the cutting, and this allowed precious little space to maneuver the sawzall blade up to the cutting point, but not terribly bad.)

I was pleasantly surprised to notice a bit more throatiness at start-up outside the vehicle after installing the tips. I can detect just a very minor change in exhaust tone/loudness while driving----maybe only a 5% difference, and nothing to brag about at all. But the look of the tips alone, versus that ugly resonator, is worth the price. And you can install it yourself. WIN.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice cf wrap job!! I just want to find more silver parts like on the steering wheel to replace the wood crap. Haha

Wrap it. It's not difficult at all, it just takes patience.

Now the back part of the center console on the Escalade where the wood goes down to the floor...........royal pain in the ass!!! I'm taking a break after what is now my second attempt. I'll probably end up piecing it out, I'm not taking out 2 seats and the center console.

mdhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely zero change in sound while revving, driving or stomping on it. The only difference is at start up, there is no burble since the resonator is gone. The wife has not even noticed and it is her daily driver.

The SLP kit is perfect for this mod, but needs to be cut a few inches towards the front of the truck on the other side of that hanger. I am still unsure what I am doing at this point with it or just leaving it as is.
Thank you for the feedback and pics. I'll add that to my to do list now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts