What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow big wheels make me a gangbanger? maybe if you put stupid floaters or some big flashy ugly full face wheels... But on these big suv's a 24-26" wheel looks right at home. Not to small and not to big. Specially if you buy a 24-26 stock replica wheel.
Big wheels = gangbanger = 70yr old man way of thinking... It's 2016 not 1998

I was surprised when I read Jonah52's post and somewhat offended but then I thought "it's not even worth it".
Yes it is 2016 but we can't continue to say it's "70yr old man way of thinking" we just have to call it what it is Just Plain and Simple IGNORANT!

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are cracking me up. I don't mean to butt in, but...

There are definitely some classy trucks on here that have 24-26" wheels, no doubt. Just like everything we do, it comes down to individual tastes. Some people like chrome (typically us 70 year old guys [emoji6]), some like the murdered look, some like lifted, some like lowered...we could go on and on. That being said, I totally get what he means about the "gangbanger" look and I have yet to see any trucks on here that have taken on that look...that's a different crowd than the guys that hang out here. We all take pride in the mods that we choose to do, or can afford to do. You guys all have sweet rides in my book, some aren't my personal taste, but we are all members here out of appreciation for our big old SUV's and the individuality each of us puts into them.

Sorry, not trying to meddle or put words in his mouth...just my 2 pennies...

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Relax people....just a different taste, thats all. I have the murdered out look and it definitely draws more attention than i desire. I do think it depends on the style of wheels you put on. The oem reps always keep it with a clean look. Some wheel styles can get obnoxious though.

Either way, relax.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the @CHOO CHOO with the idea of relaxing. I'm sure @Jonah52 didn't mean anything by what he said regarding larger diameter wheels. We all know (including him) that he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth and say things that he may or may not full intend to mean.

As stated before, we all have different tastes in how we want our rides to look and that variety is good. If we were all the same this would be a boring hobby! Let's move on :)

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
And definitely draws attention most of us dont want. Cant tell you how many times i get stared down by cops. Been pulled over 2 times since i moved, and it was just for suspicious vehicle. Never had a reason to, just wanted to check me out. I dont care since i wasnt doing anything, but some people are not so nice or understanding of it.

I have been wanting to go back to chrome just to keep the classy look and draw less attention.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And definitely draws attention most of us dont want. Cant tell you how many times i get stared down by cops. Been pulled over 2 times since i moved, and it was just for suspicious vehicle. Never had a reason to, just wanted to check me out. I dont care since i wasnt doing anything, but some people are not so nice or understanding of it.

I have been wanting to go back to chrome just to keep the classy look and draw less attention.
That's cause your truck loaded down and looks sagging. All those ****** and Drugs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia