What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T-minus 48 hours for memorial weekend road trip, ran over a big bolt got it patched and the tire guy found a pregnant valve stem. I guess it's good it happened now and not on the road
C'mon man you supposed to catch that sht

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't take a picture but it looked like some 40 year old valve, fat like it was going to blow out and the rubber was all split all over like stretch marks

only time I've seen that happen is the tire shop billed you for new valve stems and left the old ones in. they should really be replaced every time. they get old and dry rot like everything else, but never in one set of tires.

I actually had a buddy's shop do that to my own mom once years ago. I didn't have access to a tire machine at the time. and my buddy worked as a mechanic at a tuffy. chain down in FL at the time. so I had her stop by there to have tires replaced, called my friend and gave him a heads up. hey my mom is coming your way for some tires. small shop, 2 techs and 1 tire kid. I thought he would do hers for me or make sure it was done right. nope, never even checked the tire kid's work. she made it one stop at a Walgreens afterwards and called saying her new tire was flat.

I had to leave work, give her my car. put the spare on, drive to by buddy's shop and do the work myself. I'm like dude, it's my mom. you can't even check they put new valve stems in that they charged her full price for?

all service writers and techs are scumbags. they are so used to it, they don't even realize it's not normal anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts