What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the evap's can take anywhere from 2-3 day's to 2-3 weeks to complete self testing and set properly.
unless it's somehow flat out bad. I wouldn't call it good until a scanner shows it set. keep your fingers crossed.

Yep.. I changed mine out a while back just as maintenance, I've got a code twice for small leak. probably something I did while changing it. the routine to set the code is kinda wild.

I keep meaning to look at it. I struggled with one of the clips and probably cracked a hose or something.. nothing like fixing things till they are broken haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.. I changed mine out a while back just as maintenance, I've got a code twice for small leak. probably something I did while changing it. the routine to set the code is kinda wild.

I keep meaning to look at it. I struggled with one of the clips and probably cracked a hose or something.. nothing like fixing things till they are broken haha.
my approach has generally been to just shotgun all 3 parts and call it good, first thing to try is always a new gas cap.
diagnosing it can be a real pita, better to just bite the bullet and be good for another 10 years

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replaced my EVAP canister (under the spare tire) on Monday, cleared the code. Went for the cheap connector, surprise, it did not fit the factory plug. On its way back to Amazon and the correct adapter on its way. Was still able to plug in (pins match, housing doesn't), cleared the code and it did not come back!

I'd be surprised if your evap canister has an electrical connection. Maybe you mean the evap vent valve?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick