What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels great but real pain in the ass. Some of those bolts are a real b*tch to get to. What I wound up doing was removing the bottom 2 door bolts first with a 10MM ratchet wrench, then loosening the top ones. That allowed me to TILT the bottom of the fully open door back enough at the bottom to reach the 2 front pillar bolts with a 1/4" drive and swivel wrapped with electrical tape, 13MM socket. I used a jack with a rubber mat to hold the bottom of the door and suspend it in the middle and adjust the door up and down during this whole process.

Then I did the rear pillar bolt with a 13MM ratchet wrench and the fender bolt with extension and 13MM socket. The hinge will slide out through the bottom. Slide then new one into place, used the fender bolt to loosely hold it in place. Get the 2 a-hole front pillar bolts started. Then put the rear pillar bolt in and very slightly snug it. Get 1 bottom door bolt installed. Sung the door bolts very slightly. Then try to get the door aligned properly up/down to close right and have a correct gap to the fender. You snug them just right to where you can yank the door up or down to adjust.

Once you are on point, fully tighten the rear pillar bolt. Thake the damn bottom door bolt back out, loosen the top ones, so you can angle the door AGAIN to snug up the front 2 pillar bolts. THEN reinstall and lightly snug all the door bolts. Retest shuts correctly and lines up. Tighten up all the door bolts. And the fender bolt is the last one to tighten up.

Now I need some beers, good bye.
“a-hole front pivot bolts”

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think it would rust, it looks Zinc plated.
It is. And with 340K on the clock, a visual mismatch in a hidden corner ain't gonna affect your resale negatively. Just the opposite. Anyone who buys it will take it as evidence that the truck was cared for and maintained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts