What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• ahhhhhh-*****-*****.jpg
    ahhhhhh-*****-*****.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change tranny oil today and o2 sensor.

I wanted to try cleaning the o2 first, but I couldn’t get it out without heating and breaking it apart, looks it was never changed in 130k miles, so off to amazon i was.
5min cleaning job turned into an hour of heating and banging :D

On a good note while being down there covered in tranny oil from head to toe i found a small oil leak that should be easy to fix.

I read here that these lines are prone to leaking around the gasket it seems?

4A200D16-DB87-4BD9-BA0B-AD4390140F78.jpeg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change tranny oil today and o2 sensor.

I wanted to try cleaning the o2 first, but I couldn’t get it out without heating and breaking it apart, looks it was never changed in 130k miles, so off to amazon i was.
5min cleaning job turned into an hour of heating and banging :D

On a good note while being down there covered in tranny oil from head to toe i found a small oil leak that should be easy to fix.

I read here that these lines are prone to leaking around the gasket it seems?
I've noticed recently that my Engine Oil Cooler Lines are covered in grime...havent looked yet, but id bet its a similar seal on the block causing my issue.
No drips yet at least.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed recently that my Engine Oil Cooler Lines are covered in grime...havent looked yet, but id bet its a similar seal on the block causing my issue.
No drips yet at least.
Mine dripped once, noticed a drop on driveway, cleaned it up and hasn’t dripped since, but theres visible oil seeking from gasket

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does GM make their cam sensors in China? Or I got amazon scammed? It was in a gm box, lol

Attachments

• 20220918_140639.jpg
    20220918_140639.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does GM make their cam sensors in China? Or I got amazon scammed? It was in a gm box, lol

Hard to say. It seems there are more and more GM OE parts being sourced from China/overseas. Whether or not those parts are made at the same factories and/or held to the same qualities as the "good" foreign parts is the question.

On the flip, it's easy to print up a legit-looking GM box to package the knock-off parts. This is part of how the spark plugs and other "half-priced/too-good-to-be-true" parts are slipped through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo