What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And i pulled the driver side valve cover.
Everything looks great!

I re torqued the rockers for good measure, and proceeded to clearance the valve cover a little more.
I'm likely going to replace it with the updated one later anyways, so i decided to let it open up the bolt holes.

Found that only the middle bolt is used for the coil pack.
But i found the box of original parts that still have from the 5.3 had some bolts that were a perfect fit!

The original oil pump cover bolts were the right threads and length to plug the holes.

It also reminded me to save all of the old bolt hardware.

Something i learned from my grandpa.
A bit Packrat yes, super fkn handy though.
super handy and money saver, no need to go out and buy a $8 pack of bolts when you have a free one in the junk cabinet. Anything useful I save, this creates a space problem though lol, borderline hoarder status

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
So i fixed the tune with a different manifold volume just messing around.
searching around online, lots of posts mentioned it didn't do anything.

For mine, it sure seemed to make a difference!

Tried the following,
09 Trailblazer SS 6.0 Volume: 10,040 cm³
08 2500HD 6.0 Volume: 14,000³
09 Tahoe 5.3 volume: 11,700 cm³

Out of those, the trailblazers volume seemed to do the less weird things.
With the larger volumes i noticed some idle surging, and hesitation. Especially with the AC on.
I'm guessing since i have the trailblazers fuel map, it needs to match up with the rest probably.

Anyway, it's running much better.
I topped off with some much fresher premium, and took it for a little drive with the tech 2 watching for misfire, and timing retard data.
It went pretty well after a good learn cycle.
I also copied over the PE table from an 09 Silverado 1500 with the 6.0, said it has some trailering package (NXT) or some nonsense.
Looking around, i decided it probably has the same intake as me, so figured wth.
It's PE table is a bit richer, i figure it's a safer bet until i can actually data log.

I also did a little searching around for a hp tuners config file, and I found several!
Lots of places that do tuning have these setup and available for download.
Pre setup with the wideband graph, and higher resolution fuel corrections that i was trying to figure out. :cheers:
If i ever get good at this, I might be able to make some money as a remote tuner.
It's not cheap! :hahano:

I also messed around with the tech 2, noticed the fuel pump learning stuff, and the alcohol content data.
it was reading a pretty solid 13% from the first premium fill up.
seemed to be holding pretty steady.

So i reset it and it was holding a nice 3%...

I think ordering the new O2 sensors was a good decision. :jester:

I also found that the airbag sensor that my helper damaged, is like $140.
So on the eventual plan is to do some junkyard shopping...
I tried to see if the tech2 could just turn off the light, but so far either nope or I'm doing it wrong.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found some E85 close to the house. Oil change Amsoil OE full synthetic 5w30 (cuz I change it every 3k anyway). Rear end fluid change with Amsoil 75w90. Washed the exterior, cleaned the interior as best I could, carpet is shot just need the down time to install new and still debating whether I want to just replace the entire interior and change to black or not. Noico on all the doors. Removed roof rack.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Playing around with the tech2 again, i was trying to find the transmission re-learn adapts.
I found the reset learn adapts, but i can't seem to get to the place that has you cycle through gears while the transmission makes clunky noises.

Looking around online, I seem to be looking in the right place for it but it's gone?!
so weird, i'm tempted to try buying another card to see if it's there...

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once mine are a bit older I will add them to my AMEX accounts to help establish/build their credit. You can add kids to them at 13 years old, doesn't mean they have to actually hold the card either.

I'll add them and use those cards a couple times amonth to build histor
man this is good to know. I was talking about trying to figure out away to do this and you just made my day.

I use my AMEX as basically my debit card and pay my bills with it.

Hopefully this will help them and they will be better off than I was

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i fixed the tune with a different manifold volume just messing around.
searching around online, lots of posts mentioned it didn't do anything.

For mine, it sure seemed to make a difference!

Tried the following,
09 Trailblazer SS 6.0 Volume: 10,040 cm³
08 2500HD 6.0 Volume: 14,000³
09 Tahoe 5.3 volume: 11,700 cm³

Out of those, the trailblazers volume seemed to do the less weird things.
With the larger volumes i noticed some idle surging, and hesitation. Especially with the AC on.
I'm guessing since i have the trailblazers fuel map, it needs to match up with the rest probably.

Anyway, it's running much better.
I topped off with some much fresher premium, and took it for a little drive with the tech 2 watching for misfire, and timing retard data.
It went pretty well after a good learn cycle.
I also copied over the PE table from an 09 Silverado 1500 with the 6.0, said it has some trailering package (NXT) or some nonsense.
Looking around, i decided it probably has the same intake as me, so figured wth.
It's PE table is a bit richer, i figure it's a safer bet until i can actually data log.

I also did a little searching around for a hp tuners config file, and I found several!
Lots of places that do tuning have these setup and available for download.
Pre setup with the wideband graph, and higher resolution fuel corrections that i was trying to figure out. :cheers:
If i ever get good at this, I might be able to make some money as a remote tuner.
It's not cheap! :hahano:

I also messed around with the tech 2, noticed the fuel pump learning stuff, and the alcohol content data.
it was reading a pretty solid 13% from the first premium fill up.
seemed to be holding pretty steady.

So i reset it and it was holding a nice 3%...

I think ordering the new O2 sensors was a good decision. :jester:

I also found that the airbag sensor that my helper damaged, is like $140.
So on the eventual plan is to do some junkyard shopping...
I tried to see if the tech2 could just turn off the light, but so far either nope or I'm doing it wrong.
There’s a guy selling some 2013 Denali parts in the for sale section. I bet he has that sensor but dunno if it’ll work in your truck…

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
man this is good to know. I was talking about trying to figure out away to do this and you just made my day.

I use my AMEX as basically my debit card and pay my bills with it.

Hopefully this will help them and they will be better off than I was
A few years back I got wise to the benefits of rewards cards. Since then I’m getting between 2-5% cash back on every dollar spent. Utilities, taxes, insurance, gas, anyone that accepts plastic. I’ve been walking around for months with the same cash in my wallet. I never use it.

Cards can be a heavy burden for those without financial discipline or in a tight financial spot. But they’re a nice perk as long as you never carry a balance.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A few years back I got wise to the benefits of rewards cards. Since then I’m getting between 2-5% cash back on every dollar spent. Utilities, taxes, insurance, gas, anyone that accepts plastic. I’ve been walking around for months with the same cash in my wallet. I never use it.

Cards can be a heavy burden for those without financial discipline or in a tight financial spot. But they’re a nice perk as long as you never carry a balance.
Been trying to find a card thats just a simple cash rewards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts