What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She sat on the freeway and idled for hours in 95° heat with the AC on full blast, well thanks to some idiot on the freeway...
And then clocked about 500 miles today including the grapevine. Trans never hit 200 and coolant only got up to 213°, again with 95 + degree ambient and me beating on it a little up the mountain, dropped back down pretty quick too.IMG_20210715_135238813_HDR.jpg

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after putting it off for awhile I finally got tired of adding parts to my cart and not going thru with it. First delivery. Had to get the Autocal since I didn't when they did unperson tune
tempImage5ODJxd.png

Second shipment. Speed engineering 1 7/8 headers/ and y-pipe
tempImageWT9D9Q.png

installed. wasn't to bad. if you decide to wrap headers make sure you get real titanium. I thought I did be it was colored not the real stuff. wrapping took way longer than I expected.
tempImagePQVVTQ.png

sounds good with the Black widow muffler, and res delete. now to work on the cam setup and LSA purchase

Reaction score
It used to be back in the day that header wraps would hold moisture and cause the headers to rust through. Has that changed with new materials?

Just curious, I haven't looked into this in years. The longtubes I put on my mustang 10 years ago are ceramic coated

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s an issues if there not stainless. Will they rust? Yes. But am I concerned no. For the cost to coat them I can by another set in the xx years it’s going to take to rust.
The wrap works amazing ( 2nd vehicle I have wrapped the manifold) for my purpose and need. And the cost. If I had a set of ARH l’s the. I wouldn’t wrap them.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Trico Ultra (not sure if they are higher, lower, older versions). So far 3 years and they work like new, amazing actually. I have had a full set sitting on the shelf for over a year, waiting for when I see that first streak. Not yet.
My Ultras came in a couple days ago. Glad to hear they do well in the winter.
image.jpg
I bought regular trico. I can't get wipers to wipe well after 1 yr

Try cleaning the rubber with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball?
Alcohol works well to clean them initially, but don’t forget to wipe them down with something to help the UV and dust from killing the blade over time. This “303” product is incredible stuff. You can detail most of the vehicle with it, similar to armorall but works WAY better, lasts longer and can help bring old vehicle body trim back to life.
image.jpg

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So! If anyone is in need of O2 sensors buy them now. I’m not sure why they are on sale all of a sudden, but Amazon and a couple other stores have them (213-3866 - upstream) listed for $38/ea whereas all of the auto parts stores have them for $80ish/ea. The (213-4229 - downstream) are $49/ea on Amazon and $60’s at the parts store. If RA and Summit didn’t charge so much for shipping I would use them more. They both have pretty quick turn around times.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Ultras came in a couple days ago. Glad to hear they do well in the winter.
View attachment 345076

Alcohol works well to clean them initially, but don’t forget to wipe them down with something to help the UV and dust from killing the blade over time. This “303” product is incredible stuff. You can detail most of the vehicle with it, similar to armorall but works WAY better, lasts longer and can help bring old vehicle body trim back to life.
View attachment 345077
Funny, after I posted about my Trico Ultras, I went out and looked at them closely. The rubber is almost white in color, they look dead. But when I felt them they were still pretty supple and they seem to be going strong. I had forgotten about the replacement set I bought before we moved into our current house (actually about 16 months ago) until I posted on this thread. Pretty good wiper blades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar