What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive @iamdub does the knock sensor go into an oil passage, or all the way through the wall of the block? Basically wondering if it can leak oil

Lol

I actually had a second half to my reply saying "No, it does not go into the block. The hole is blind."

I erased it to save myself from at least one instance of coming across as a díck since your question may not have had anything to do with leaking oil.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol

I actually had a second half to my reply saying "No, it does not go into the block. The hole is blind."

I erased it to save myself from at least one instance of coming across as a díck since your question may not have had anything to do with leaking oil.
ya he is having a oil leak problem, might be the valve covers

Reaction score
ya he is having a oil leak problem, might be the valve covers
Either that or the oil cooler block gasket. It's real gunky on the top side of that block and in front of it, and it get oil accumulation below that cooler block and on the oil pan bolt heads under the cooling block.

Going to change out that gasket first, it was $5 and will probably do it Saturday.

It doesn't leak enough to leave a spot on the ground, it just lightly coats the sway bar, area around filter, and bottom edge of pan/bellhousing.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I had one of those rear rack carrier things with a snowblower on it and I got a ***** warning from a cop, says it's blocking the license plate. :flipthebird:

I have one of those carriers, i have been wondering if i'll get poked at for it.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
What sensor is on the drivers side of the block with the white connector, just forward of the oil cooler block?

View attachment 344140

Yup, as others noted.
Knock sensors.
I remember those things well.

Installing my new ones with the new engine, they have to be clocked just right in order to line up with the harness.

And no, there is nothing that could allow a leak through the block.
They looked like a grounding location if you didn't know what should be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n