What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you gotta check or add power steering fluid, or you gotta drain it and there's not enough room for a small cup or something underneath.

It is pretty convenient for yours though, because it's short enough and unscrews easily to empty

I think on the side of the alternator is a great spot for the catch can, but more forward. Easy to access and drain than the other popular spot back near the firewall. Mine is mounted using the alternator bolt and clamp bracket that came with the can. I hold a cup and flip the 1/4-turn valve with one hand so I can have a paper towel in the other hand to catch and wipe any oil drips off the valve when I remove the cup.

72ef36-94c4-4803-91fd-00be173a4cb8_zpsxnvsywns-jpg.jpg

Reaction score
I think on the side of the alternator is a great spot for the catch can, but more forward. Easy to access and drain than the other popular spot back near the firewall. Mine is mounted using the alternator bolt and clamp bracket that came with the can. I hold a cup and flip the 1/4-turn valve with one hand so I can have a paper towel in the other hand to catch and wipe any oil drips off the valve when I remove the cup.

72ef36-94c4-4803-91fd-00be173a4cb8_zpsxnvsywns-jpg.jpg
Yours isn't directly above the power steering and looks like a convenient spot

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My wife ordered me this today, should be here tomorrow. She has Prime and was able to get it for $35 total with the $20 off coupon.

Figured it'll come in handy when trying to track down leaks. She has a small oil leak on her car also, drips onto passenger side exhaust H pipe now and then and causes the burning oil smell when you get out and a small puff of smoke now and then.

View attachment 343651
That's an awesome price! I have prime too, but I don't think I could get it that cheap. Have a link?
RDIT--Nvm, I see it. Thx

Reaction score
That's an awesome price! I have prime too, but I don't think I could get it that cheap. Have a link?
RDIT--Nvm, I see it. Thx
Even at $45 ($65 - $20 coupon) it seems like a great price.

My wife has Prime, so I asked her this morning if she still got the $20 coupon when she looked it up on her account and she said yes, but it was also $10 cheaper. So don't really know what was up with that, but she got next day delivery and told me the total was $35

Reaction score

View attachment 343655
BTW, your power steering reservoir looks so clean, mine is brown, rusty I think, which is odd because it's like the only thing that is. I've sprayed it down with Fluid Film

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, your power steering reservoir looks so clean, mine is brown, rusty I think, which is odd because it's like the only thing that is. I've sprayed it down with Fluid Film

That pic was taken back in 2016 when I first bought the car, at about 150K miles. I'm sure it still looks about the same. We don't have rust here.

A year ago at 200,0xx miles during the engine refresh:

img_2083-jpg.jpg

img_2081-jpg.jpg

img_2082-jpg.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member