What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love those window bars. which ones do you have?
No clue. They have no markings.
I did still hang on to all the other parts that used to be in it. And some of them have a label. I'd have to go to my storage and check.
Screenshot_20210624-203346.pngScreenshot_20210624-203453.png
I’m working on a project to reduce heat soak when off road In thecopcar.

View attachment 305445View attachment 305446View attachment 305447View attachment 305448
Fans not keeping up, or trying to keep them from working so hard?
Function over form! Lol
Something I thought about doing, like I remember seeing the old crown vics with the fully louvered hoods on the canine units, but I just can't bring myself to putting a bunch of louvers in my hood. Don't care for the look.

Just remove the hood?
Now that's thinking with your dipstick jimmy!
Wouldn't the sun just heat up the engine in that case?

Lol

Reaction score
I did still hang on to all the other parts that used to be in it. And some of them have a label. I'd have to go to my storage and check.
View attachment 305453View attachment 305454

Function over form! Lol
Something I thought about doing, like I remember seeing the old crown vics with the fully louvered hoods on the canine units, but I just can't bring myself to putting a bunch of louvers in my hood. Don't care for the look.

Lol
Would it?
Would the sun heat up the engine more than the engine normally would be when at operating temp?
Would no hood let more heat out/cooler air in than having a hood holding all of it in?

When driving a convertible, is it cooler with the top down or with the top and windows up and the heater on?

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 305453View attachment 305454

Function over form! Lol

Lol
That closeup I’m thinking they might be Setina bars.

the fans are working well at very slow speeds, but shut off at some threshold. I noticed on some of the stretches we could do 20-30 that the temps were fluctuating. And I’d like to take a bit of load off as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n