What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a bad idea?

Well, it's not a plug and play swap Dave. Originally, you could not get the older system to talk to the new system but I have read on the Performance Trucks forum that adapters are made for this now. I do not know what problems those new harnesses will solve and what else will be needed to make this a seamless operating system.

What year is your Tahoe?

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not a plug and play swap Dave. Originally, you could not get the older system to talk to the new system but I have read on the Performance Trucks forum that adapters are made for this now. I do not know what problems those new harnesses will solve and what else will be needed to make this a seamless operating system.

What year is your Tahoe?

2007 (might technically be a 2006.5, it’s one of the firsts). I know people put LQ4s into anything and everything so I never thought of it being an issue. Was thinking I could/should maybe use the original harness. It’s going to be a learning experience and never expected it to be plug and play. I’ve never heard of a gen III in a gen IV being a dealbreaker

Also did I ever post my name here or something lol. I don’t see it on my profile, and I don’t care at all if anyone calls me Dave or David, just wondering Lol. Might be fb friends with some people on here too. If anyone wants to add me I’m David Ramsey and my profile pic is with Cleetus

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 (might technically be a 2006.5, it’s one of the firsts). I know people put LQ4s into anything and everything so I never thought of it being an issue. Was thinking I could/should maybe use the original harness. It’s going to be a learning experience and never expected it to be plug and play. I’ve never heard of a gen III in a gen IV being a dealbreaker

Also did I ever post my name here or something lol. I don’t see it on my profile, and I don’t care at all if anyone calls me Dave or David, just wondering Lol. Might be fb friends with some people on here too. If anyone wants to add me I’m David Ramsey and my profile pic is with Cleetus

I'm viewing this on my PC and your name comes up. Gen III does not use Canbus architecture and their computers cannot talk to Gen IV computers. The Gen IIIs crankshaft has a 24 tooth reluctor which is not compatible with Gen IV computers which rely on a 58 tooth reluctor. You can swap cranks or reluctors nowadays I hear. Then there is the aforementioned harness that I was told about but do not remember reading about it.

Just spent 5 minutes googling, I'd rather run a 6.2 than the old LQ4 with all the work involved. Not even sure that 4L80 will work either.

I'm just the first to come along, these fellas have forgotten more than I'll ever know on this topic.

Where's Chris? @iamdub Where's Randy? @randeez

@91RS @Tonyrodz @fasteddy @1BADI5 @Scottydoggs @01ssreda4

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get to be all black face tomorrow...

Going to polish the combustion chambers, and do a little work on the sides.
Hoping it will loose 3-4 cc... lol

Watching loys of YouTube vids, luckily I'm already tooled up!

No pics of the black face, please, someone seeing it (out of context) will be offended. Not that I care if they are. ;)

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
What is your dynamic?

Too high!

I'm going to lower the static down to what a 6.2 truck has...
Damn, i wish i did more thought into this build

I need pistons with little 4cc valve reliefs in them.
:jester:

If i went with a sloppy quench i would be ok, but i want a tight quench!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts