What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too high!

I'm going to lower the static down to what a 6.2 truck has...
Damn, i wish i did more thought into this build

I need pistons with little 4cc valve reliefs in them.
:jester:

If i went with a sloppy quench i would be ok, but i want a tight quench!!
What is the the dynamic compression ratio? Too high is not an answer

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too high!

I'm going to lower the static down to what a 6.2 truck has...
Damn, i wish i did more thought into this build

I need pistons with little 4cc valve reliefs in them.
:jester:

If i went with a sloppy quench i would be ok, but i want a tight quench!!
For the record I was considering 799 heads on a 6.2 to raise the compression for an N/A build and a cam and my static was 11.5 by dynamic was 6 and was safe to run pump gas. Change your cam if you don’t have enough bleed off.

mistake it was 8.7 and was safe enough for pump gas.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
For the record I was considering 799 heads on a 6.2 to raise the compression for an N/A build and a cam and my static was 11.5 by dynamic was 6 and was safe to run pump gas. Change your cam if you don’t have enough bleed off.

mistake it was 8.7 and was safe enough for pump gas.

yeah more $$!
I don't think i can return the camshaft at this point since it's in the engine.
but it's a possibility still...

i'm going to try and increase the chamber size, but in the end i might end up at the machine shop for another wait.
We shall see how motivated i get this weekend!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
2007 (might technically be a 2006.5, it’s one of the firsts). I know people put LQ4s into anything and everything so I never thought of it being an issue. Was thinking I could/should maybe use the original harness. It’s going to be a learning experience and never expected it to be plug and play. I’ve never heard of a gen III in a gen IV being a dealbreaker

Also did I ever post my name here or something lol. I don’t see it on my profile, and I don’t care at all if anyone calls me Dave or David, just wondering Lol. Might be fb friends with some people on here too. If anyone wants to add me I’m David Ramsey and my profile pic is with Cleetus
Screenshot_20210529-105843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
2007 (might technically be a 2006.5, it’s one of the firsts). I know people put LQ4s into anything and everything so I never thought of it being an issue. Was thinking I could/should maybe use the original harness. It’s going to be a learning experience and never expected it to be plug and play. I’ve never heard of a gen III in a gen IV being a dealbreaker

Also did I ever post my name here or something lol. I don’t see it on my profile, and I don’t care at all if anyone calls me Dave or David, just wondering Lol. Might be fb friends with some people on here too. If anyone wants to add me I’m David Ramsey and my profile pic is with Cleetus

Pull your bits from the old engine and put on the new engine?

Only real problem i see is that reluctor wheel on the crank... :D
I heard rumors about an adapter to make it work, but you loose a bunch of resolution.
and I don't know if the knock sensor location will be an issue or not...

What I'm doing with mine.
Took the 5.3 crank, rods, heads, intake, etc.
got 4in pistons and rings, had the assembly balanced with a brand new GM 6.0 block.

I have 799 heads, and apparently they are somewhat desirable for low end.
(low end is what i really want from the hoe)
And looking at the chambers, they match up perfectly with a 4in bore!
(more so once I'm done)

basically since my truck is an 09, I'm using an 09 trailblazer SS with the 6.0 as a template.
The trailblazers 6.0 used 799 heads, exactly the same intake, and throttle body and injectors as my 5.3
from there, i took a base tune from hp tuners website for that trailblazer ss and did a little copy paste of the values.

transmission settings, i took from an escalade base tune since the pressures are a tad higher than the base 5.3.

can't wait to see if it works...
I'm hoping i won't need a tuner right away. :D

if it came down to it, you always could yank the crank and see if a machine shop could swap the reluctor wheel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts