What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have one of those old pocket pc's from the 90's.
has a single pcmcia card that's a dial up modem, and not 56k. :jester:

two tone back lit lcd touch screen.
and volatile memory!

for years i used it just for solitaire. :D
Yay the good ol days of a 28k dial-up modem in a house with a single phone line and cell phones were as expensive as and half the size of a car so when your buddy calls, the lines busy forever on end as you manage to load 6 web pages in an hour. So awesome. :mad:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BC (before computers) we had portable billing terminals that were about the size of a portable typewriter. They had two cups on top that would secure a phone -- landline, of course -- handset. Kind of like the TTY terminals for the hearing impaired. We could send messages between terminals; that was our early email utility. Obviously no Internet.

425tdd.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
BC (before computers) we had portable billing terminals that were about the size of a portable typewriter. They had two cups on top that would secure a phone -- landline, of course -- handset. Kind of like the TTY terminals for the hearing impaired. We could send messages between terminals; that was our early email utility. Obviously no Internet.

425tdd.jpg
DAMMMNNN!! You're old lol!!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, when playing around with my Tech 2, it is one giant primitive hunk of scan tool.

You could put all the code in a smart phone app to talk to a wireless dongle in the OD port. Do a little AI and it would tell you everything without much interaction, all you would need is the source code and everything would get real small and simple.

Prove it.

...Then sell me one.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Captain Obvious!

And, when we did get the internet, some of you may remember the Mosaic browser, one of the first. I remember having group classes at work, on what this new internet thingy was and how to use it.

I remember Mosaic. Marc Andreessen made a fortune taking what he learned writing Mosaic and creating Netscape Navigator and Netscape Corporation. He then went on to create his venture capital firm and a Billionaire along the way. I think Mosaic was licensed by Microsoft to later become Internet Explorer.

Pretty amazing living in this very time, when the rate of change made the jump to light speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts