What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dang, hitting a horse or cow would suck for the animal & the vehicle (& prolly the driver too)
Yep he had a decent 72 leman's you could steer that thing with your pinky finger all day long, had the front/rear brake pedal you could sit on the front brake and do burn outs lol
this isn't it but it I think it was this color, horse went over the hood and into the front windshield he was wearing a baseball cap and it got pushed down over his face and all he ended up with was some glass in his eyebrows, it was early in the morning and foggy, horse was in the middle of the road
LEMANS.JPG

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dang, hitting a horse or cow would suck for the animal & the vehicle (& prolly the driver too)
Hitting a pig is pretty bad also. My dad was on the local fire department for 54 years and saw a bunch of crap. Says he will never forget the time back in the early 70’s when a gal was cruising down a paved country road at dusk and came around a curve to discover full grown hogs in the middle of the road and ended up hitting one of them. It was so low and so solid that it went under the front drivers wheel of the car and flipped it and she ended upside down in a ditch.

As for deer, which I’ve hit 3, I’ve heard to never hit the brakes if you know you’re going to hit it so you don’t submarine the nose of the vehicle and get the deer in the windshield.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hitting a pig is pretty bad also. My dad was on the local fire department for 54 years and saw a bunch of crap. Says he will never forget the time back in the early 70’s when a gal was cruising down a paved country road at dusk and came around a curve to discover full grown hogs in the middle of the road and ended up hitting one of them. It was so low and so solid that it went under the front drivers wheel of the car and flipped it and she ended upside down in a ditch.

As for deer, which I’ve hit 3, I’ve heard to never hit the brakes if you know you’re going to hit it so you don’t submarine the nose of the vehicle and get the deer in the windshield.
Lol @submarine the vehicle. All my rides have always stopped flat after I fix the ****** stock suspension. But I wonder if at least slowing a bit wouldn’t help.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What is that?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Wiggling a vise grip that I clamped on the pinch weld in the wheel well. Must be interference between body panels or something. I can’t access the cavity where the noise is from. I just bent that pinch weld over a little and the noise is gone.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happens when you hit a goat @95 mph o_OView attachment 260816
A goat would make a mess, for sure. Once I was on I-94 westbound toward Minneapolis at 2am, and came upon the scene of a semi-truck vs. deer strike. It was unbelievable how messy that was.

My worst, so far, was a full grown gobbler turkey at 65mph in my new-to-me Explorer back in 2004. I hadn't even told my insurance agent I'd bought it yet. The new windshield was covered by insurance. But the permanent crease and poop smell in the seat weren't. I shoulda kept that feather.

windshield outside 1.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A goat would make a mess, for sure. Once I was on I-94 westbound toward Minneapolis at 2am, and came upon the scene of a semi-truck vs. deer strike. It was unbelievable how messy that was.

My worst, so far, was a full grown gobbler turkey at 65mph in my new-to-me Explorer back in 2004. I hadn't even told my insurance agent I'd bought it yet. The new windshield was covered by insurance. But the permanent crease and poop smell in the seat weren't. I shoulda kept that feather.

View attachment 260967
The poop smell in the seat was from you I take it? :rolleyes:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

View attachment 260967

I am concerned that a turkey will be the next thing I hit. I have taken out four smaller birds since I took ownership of my current 13 suburban. They just seem to stay on or near the road longer. The Deer do to. I owned my 03 Suburban for 5 years with not even so much as a near miss but that truck had Duratracs on it and they made LOTS of noise.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed the misfire code, cylinder #6 plug was the culprit once again. These were only 3 years old. Put hotter plugs in. Going in for state inspection/emissions testing tomorrow.

IMG_2659.JPG IMG_2658.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505