What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, how can they tell you what you can, and can't do with your old home??!! Fu@$ them!!
I can't believe they doubled your rent. Someone needs a talking to :secret::secret::secret::secret:, maybe break a finger, or 2--or 3!!
my lease ended and the market went up because they stopped building when the economy crashed but people still need houses so lots of demand which made the price skyrocket, it seems to have leveled out for now but in the last 5 years it has doubled around here I was paying $1750, then $1860, then bam $2460 I managed to talk them down from $3k told them they were crazy and technically it was against the law they way they tried to do it, people have no choice but to pay it or move to a really ****** part of town, now they made a law this year that they can only raise the rent 5%, but that only counts if you are month to month, which I am now

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished up adding the cabin filter. I made sure the condenser etc. was as clean as I could get it. I went from both sides (newly cut filter opening & exterior condensation drain. Got lots of dirt/grime out. Smells great now and seems much colder.

a208389d8657efc0e21bb8826468ef26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a procedure for this retrofit and cleaning process? Got my attention.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The retrofit is very easy. Once you remove the lower beauty/sound cover on the passenger side, you can see the outline on the bottom of the HVAC plenum.

I went with the Dorman 259-201 kit. It comes with the carbon filter and a good set of instructions.

Dorman 259-201 Carbon Cabin Air... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NF1SK1M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For cleaning, I referenced this video. In addition, I also cleaned things from the inside the cabin using the opening I cut for the filter and used the cleaner with a nylon brush. I also dropped the sensor and fan to clean in the plenum. There was lots of dust. Lol, I also plan to remove the wiper cowl and clean from the top side. There’s debris on top of the outside air intake screen.

Plans to also do something similar to the rear HVAC core/condenser & plenum. I don’t expect it to be as bad since it only pulls air from the cabin.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The retrofit is very easy. Once you remove the lower beauty/sound cover on the passenger side, you can see the outline on the bottom of the HVAC plenum.

I went with the Dorman 259-201 kit. It comes with the carbon filter and a good set of instructions.

Dorman 259-201 Carbon Cabin Air... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NF1SK1M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For cleaning, I referenced this video. In addition, I also cleaned things from the inside the cabin using the opening I cut for the filter and used the cleaner with a nylon brush. I also dropped the sensor and fan to clean in the plenum. There was lots of dust. Lol, I also plan to remove the wiper cowl and clean from the top side. There’s debris on top of the outside air intake screen.

Plans to also do something similar to the rear HVAC core/condenser & plenum. I don’t expect it to be as bad since it only pulls air from the cabin.

That’s a great video. Gonna have to do that!

Reaction score
I was just out in the garage hooking up the Tech2 to reset the trans fluid monitor. I didn't have the engine running, just the key on engine off. The headlights, radio, and HVAC all came on and I turned off the headlights while I stood next to it with the door open and the Tech2 sitting on the seat.

I decided to check for DTCs while I had it hooked up and got 2 for the HVAC system as pictured below. Are these because I had the vehicle on with the engine off and the HVAC still turned on? 7fa678dc8ea41fea9d1ce039c25057d5.jpgfadadd170171225897441b11ad2f715f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just out in the garage hooking up the Tech2 to reset the trans fluid monitor. I didn't have the engine running, just the key on engine off. The headlights, radio, and HVAC all came on and I turned off the headlights while I stood next to it with the door open and the Tech2 sitting on the seat.

I decided to check for DTCs while I had it hooked up and got 2 for the HVAC system as pictured below. Are these because I had the vehicle on with the engine off and the HVAC still turned on? 7fa678dc8ea41fea9d1ce039c25057d5.jpgfadadd170171225897441b11ad2f715f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did you try it with the engine running to find out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts