What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have got to stop hitting things like Fonzi!
View attachment 248103
I can make other peoples stuff work that way but when it's my own I gotta fix it right, lol
you had to grow up with old school tv set's to grasp the concept of smacking things to make them work. :waytogo:
with modern mico electronics you have to do more severe things like put them in the freezer to make them work again (which also works)
my last cell phone got to the point where it wouldn't even boot, stuck in the freezer when I got my new one ran a usb c cable to it and to the new one and made it work long enough to transfer all my data to the new one. probably could have used a peltier cooler but didn't have one handy

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I don't even know how that happened, maybe from taking the cover off from the top instead the bottom. The little part looks easy to change out but I couldn't find any of the small pieces of the console listed anywhere. I put the cover back on and the button stays inside and still works but I don't like keeping shit janky like that and it's probably going to rattle like crazy when I play my stereo, looks like I need to replace my headlight switch too I noticed it wasn't lit up, smacked it and it light up again.
Wtf..? Mine does that too!

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to push it forward. It sits all the way to the front, up under the dash a bit. The main storage area in unaffected as well as the cup holder area. Here’s mine.

View attachment 247986 View attachment 247987 View attachment 247988
I’m very impressed you got that in there; it’s the first time I’ve even read about that mod. The Rockville’s performance is definitely “better than nothing”. I only wanted some more definition the the stock audio. I mostly listen to podcasts, country, and classic rock. The improvement is substantial but sub-par compared to a real setup. Best part is that it only cost me $80.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I can make other peoples stuff work that way but when it's my own I gotta fix it right, lol
you had to grow up with old school tv set's to grasp the concept of smacking things to make them work. :waytogo:
with modern mico electronics you have to do more severe things like put them in the freezer to make them work again (which also works)
my last cell phone got to the point where it wouldn't even boot, stuck in the freezer when I got my new one ran a usb c cable to it and to the new one and made it work long enough to transfer all my data to the new one. probably could have used a peltier cooler but didn't have one handy
I remember helping look for cracked solder joints in our old TVs and helping Dad reflow them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins