What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about red to black on the same end?

Or blue to black on the same end?

Be sure to check it on both ends... ie... red and black on one end and red and black on the other side of the black box... same for blue amd black/both ends.

I'm just trying to rule out diodes or other things inside the box.
red and black reads 21.4
blue and black reads 24.7
I opened one the box up when I first got it and it looks like it is just the resistor inside with some epoxy

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only catch I have found is it works if the resistor is connected to the factory bulb connector and then to there supplied bulb connector but not if I put the resistor before the factory connector wired identical to the way they have it. I'm missing something.....

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
red and black reads 21.4
blue and black reads 24.7
I opened one the box up when I first got it and it looks like it is just the resistor inside with some epoxy

No pics of the box open I assume?

And you get the same readings at both ends?

Last edited:

kbuskill

Reaction score
the only catch I have found is it works if the resistor is connected to the factory bulb connector and then to there supplied bulb connector but not if I put the resistor before the factory connector wired identical to the way they have it. I'm missing something.....

Yep something is askew... I assume it has something to do with the way it is wired internally.

It still seems odd to me that you are reading resistance on both the blue and red wires... unless this was marketed as a "canbus module" which our trucks don't need then I could see them having a resistor on the parking light side as well to keep you from getting a bulb out warning on the dash but again our trucks don't tell you that you have a bulb out on the dash so it wouldn't be necessary.

I still think a single 6 ohm 50 watt resistor installed like this on just the turn signal + and ground would be easier...
rps20200407_204947_262.jpg

That way it takes the running light out of the equation.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pics of the box open I assume?
inside the box it's hard to see much it's all epoxied together but looks like the
black wire is a pass-thru? but has a connector in the middle and connects to one of 3 resistors
red wire is also pass thru but has one end of the blue wire attached in a connector red to red + blue
looks like blue wire is attached to one end of a resistor and joins the red wire at the other side of 1 resistor
makes no god dam sense to me I tore one open

SIS.jpg SIS1.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep something is askew... I assume it has something to do with the way it is wired internally.

It still seems odd to me that you are reading resistance on both the blue and red wires... unless this was marketed as a "canbus module" which our trucks don't need then I could see them having a resistor on the parking light side as well to keep you from getting a bulb out warning on the dash but again our trucks don't tell you that you have a bulb out on the dash so it wouldn't be necessary.

I still think a single 6 ohm 50 watt resistor installed like this on just the turn signal + and ground would be easier...
View attachment 244112

I have the ones on my NNBS Silverado hooked between the positive ts wire and the chassis, just because it’s easier to mount the resistor away from the wires but it’s the same as that. I did it before the harness that splits and connects all the wires in the headlight, where it’s just 3 wires like that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 244112

it works fine if the running light is not on, when the running light is on they share the same ground I don't know if that makes any sense

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 244112

so I should be able to attach the blue wire to the factory blue wire and then the black to the factory ground wire?

kbuskill

Reaction score
inside the box it's hard to see much it's all epoxied together but looks like the
black wire is a pass-thru? but has a connector in the middle and connects to one of 3 resistors
red wire is also pass thru but has one end of the blue wire attached in a connector red to red + blue
looks like blue wire is attached to one end of a resistor and joins the red wire at the other side of 1 resistor
makes no god dam sense to me I tore one open

View attachment 244114 View attachment 244115

Is that a second resistor in the box with the black wire connected to it or is that just where the resistor was glued into the box?

I would take the resistor that you pulled out, with the blue wire on one end and the red and blue on the other, amd connect it as shown in the other pic I posted just to test it.

So...
Blue wire on left side of resistor in pic > turn signal + (light blue wire)

Blue wire on right side of resistor in pic > truck ground wire (black wire).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu