What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
it starts out as 3 wires blinker/marker/ground, then it goes into the bulb connector and 2 more wires exit to the corner marker for a total of 5
if I connect just the blinker portion it works, until the marker lights are turned on
if i connect the marker and blinker it works until the marker lights turn on
kind of weird

View attachment 244066 View attachment 244067 View attachment 244068

I think your problem is the way you have the "resistor" you are using wired.

I used something like these...
rps20200407_111119_189.jpg

And you would hook 1 end to the positive turn signal lead and the other side to ground.

Your "resistor harness" has 3 wires... I can only assume that 1 is ground, 1 is parking +, and 1 is turn signal +... you have the parking + and turn signal + hooked together.

I would disconnect those and only try it with one hooked up at a time.

The way its hooked up in your picture you have 12 v going through the 194 side marker bulb and feeding back into the ground side of the resistor harness which defeats the purpose. Hook the black ground wire from the resistor harness straight to ground.

My guess would be that the red wire is probably the turn signal (resistor) side of that harness, but I'm not sure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your problem is the way you have the "resistor" you are using wired.

I used something like these...
View attachment 244082

And you would hook 1 end to the positive turn signal lead and the other side to ground.

Your "resistor harness" has 3 wires... I can only assume that 1 is ground, 1 is parking +, and 1 is turn signal +... you have the parking + and turn signal + hooked together.

I would disconnect those and only try it with one hooked up at a time.

The way its hooked up in your picture you have 12 v going through the 194 side marker bulb and feeding back into the ground side of the resistor harness which defeats the purpose. Hook the black ground wire from the resistor harness straight to ground.
it was originally a plug-n-play harness, it works-when just the blinker is on, it also work with just the 1 red or 1 blue wire, I only had them both connected because I was trying different combinations of wiring to try and get it to work when the marker lights were on. I will try what you are suggesting but I think my "fix" is going to be to just make the one corner light a marker light and have the bigger bulb be just a blinker and run the wires accordingly. It seems that the resistor just isn't strong enough when it is used for both the marker light and the blinker.
***maybe I can connect a relay so it cuts the marker light when the blinker is on? I have a couple micro relays that should work

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the weather cleared up, I am trying this again, it def won't work when the marker light is on, I have a mini 8616 relay I just need to figure out the wiring to make it cut the marker light when the blinker is on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the weather cleared up, I am trying this again, it def won't work when the marker light is on, I have a mini 8616 relay I just need to figure out the wiring to make it cut the marker light when the blinker is on.
I can’t see how the marker light and the turn signal are on the same circuit. Did you try connecting the resistor between a ground ( the body) and the turn signal positive wire where it’s a 3 wire harness, before the other harness? The bcm is looking for a load there. If that doesn’t work and you still have hyper flash, you might have to do the same at the rear turn signal wire.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t see how the marker light and the turn signal are on the same circuit. Did you try connecting the resistor between a ground ( the body) and the turn signal positive wire where it’s a 3 wire harness, before the other harness? The bcm is looking for a load there. If that doesn’t work and you still have hyper flash, you might have to do the same at the rear turn signal wire.
yes and it works fine until the marker light is turned on, the rear lights have there own built in resistor and work fine
I am going to try this relay and see if I can make it work so I can still have the large marker light.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes and it works fine until the marker light is turned on, the rear lights have there own built in resistor and work fine
I am going to try this relay and see if I can make it work so I can still have the large marker light.
Did you do both sides -passenger and driver - at the same time? I could see there being a problem if you’re trying to do one side and then you turn on both marker lights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the relay hooked up to run just the marker light and use the blinker as the trigger and it's not seeing the load on the blinker :confused::confused:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you do both sides -passenger and driver - at the same time? I could see there being a problem if you’re trying to do one side and then you turn on both marker lights.
no I haven't tried both at the same time I only have 1 spare light harness to experiment with if i can get it to see the load on the blinker with the relay it should work, otherwise I will just end up with a small corner marker light which is fine just not what I wanted. the blinker function does not cut the ground it cuts the positive signal just have to figure this out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019