What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note to the guys with poly bushings, spohn control arms, sway bars all that jazz... Only use synthetic PTFE grease in the poly bushings, they don't squeak, and water doesn't wash it out nearly as easy.. Was doing my control arms 1 time a year and as preventive maintenance not cause they were squeaking...This is what I use on every poly component on my rides and customer rides... Have a separate grease gun loaded with this stuff. I don't suggest running standard greases also due to the breakdown possibility to polyurethane bushings also. Hopefully this helps someone with my tidbit of useless knowledge......

https://www.zoro.com/super-lube-synthetic-multi-purpose-grease-400g-41150/i/G5124341/

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does yours not have them?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
usually the ppv/ssv did not have them I think mostly because the push bars mount in the same spot, I think I paid about $59 for my chrome ones with hardware but that was a while back

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually the ppv/ssv did not have them I think mostly because the push bars mount in the same spot, I think I paid about $59 for my chrome ones with hardware but that was a while back

This is just an LT that never had them from the factory (dad bought new)

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to finishing up my vacuum actuated exhaust cutout. I've used an electric cutout in the past that lasted about 2 weeks. IMO they are trash. If you're gonna get one, do yourself a favor and get one that's a mechanical vacuum actuated one. I'm gonna order a turndown and install it this week. And when the cutout isn't open, the exhaust goes through a Magnaflow 12909. I'll try to get some sound clips later today.

PicsArt_02-23-12.18.39.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.15.21.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.25.33.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.26.01.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.26.45.jpg

Video as promised:

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody recommend a cheap but effective laptop i can use for a tech 2? I own an mac air so i need something strictly for my working on the tahoe.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody recommend a cheap but effective laptop i can use for a tech 2? I own an mac air so i need something strictly for my working on the tahoe.

Do you mean Tech2Win or an actual Tech-2? If the latter, you only need the laptop for programming but that may have changed with ACDelco's TDS system, not sure yet. I'll be getting a subscription to flash some modules in the next month or so. Well, I should say I have no idea what a mac air is and still do everything from a traditional desktop PC.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean Tech2Win or an actual Tech-2? If the latter, you only need the laptop for programming but that may have changed with ACDelco's TDS system, not sure yet. I'll be getting a subscription to flash some modules in the next month or so. Well, I should say I have no idea what a mac air is and still do everything from a traditional desktop PC.

Actual tech 2. Finally decided to pull the trigger when i get back to the states. I thought you needed a computer for programming and certain features.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actual tech 2. Finally decided to pull the trigger when i get back to the states. I thought you needed a computer for programming and certain features.

Yes, for programming but not for diagnostics. The only time I've connected the Tech-2 to the laptop was to download data logs to view them on the computer easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts