What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I think I would go back to the dealership that said you needed a new fuse block and let them know what the actual problem was... although I guess you can't fuss too much since they didn't charge you for their incorrect diagnosis.
I think it was my ‘creative wiring’ or the junk yard fuse block that blew the motor honestly :/ That fuse block had water pooled on top of it. Even though i put it in the oven at 190 for like, 2.5 hours it may have had water in it still.

at the end of the day, I’m over it. It felt good to drive it again.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
While I was at the parts yard I also grabbed these! Hybrid D pillar pieces! I was super stoked when I saw them. I also saw a hybrid Escalade there! I can now confirm that they are different than normal Escalade trim, because the Hybrid Escalade pieces were different than the Hybrid Tahoe ones. I don’t know if the Hybrid Escalade D pillar trim is different than the normal Escalade ones however.

Interestingly enough, both hybrids, the Tahoe and the Escalade, were selectable 4wd, not AWD like I thought they were. I was under the impression all escalades were AWD.

Another interesting tidbit, was that the Hybrid Escalade had fog lights. Hybrid Tahoes didn’t.

Anyway, at some point I’m going to test fit these. I think they stick out from the back farther by about an inch and a quarter at the top but thats just an eyeball measurement. I don’t know if I’ll leave them white, or spray paint them gloss black. I might see if the body shop in town could wrap them to match the paint. Will see. I don’t think the white would look bad. But I also don’t think it would look great.

FC5BD868-8DBF-4DF8-BF7D-C5BD484B88DC.jpeg 51BF2393-4C00-473E-9EFB-C9C9A9781328.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
While I was at the parts yard I also grabbed these! Hybrid D pillar pieces! I was super stoked when I saw them. I also saw a hybrid Escalade there! I can now confirm that they are different than normal Escalade trim, because the Hybrid Escalade pieces were different than the Hybrid Tahoe ones. I don’t know if the Hybrid Escalade D pillar trim is different than the normal Escalade ones however.

Interestingly enough, both hybrids, the Tahoe and the Escalade, were selectable 4wd, not AWD like I thought they were. I was under the impression all escalades were AWD.

Another interesting tidbit, was that the Hybrid Escalade had fog lights. Hybrid Tahoes didn’t.

Anyway, at some point I’m going to test fit these. I think they stick out from the back farther by about an inch and a quarter at the top but thats just an eyeball measurement. I don’t know if I’ll leave them white, or spray paint them gloss black. I might see if the body shop in town could wrap them to match the paint. Will see. I don’t think the white would look bad. But I also don’t think it would look great.

View attachment 239651 View attachment 239652

If memory serves me the spoiler above the window is different on the Hybrid as well.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
If memory serves me the spoiler above the window is different on the Hybrid as well.
It serves you correct. The hatch assembly is different. I don’t think the hatch itself is different in shape but the spoiler is for sure. The non hybrid spoiler looks to fit between the hybrid d pillar trim fine but there may be gaps. Hopefully these will help my average mpg go from 14.3 to 14.4

Reaction score
Should've put the wet fuse block in a big bag/pan of rice..... Lol isn't that what they say to do when your cell phone gets wet?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Should've put the wet fuse block in a big bag/pan of rice..... Lol isn't that what they say to do when your cell phone gets wet?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
Lmao. The oven thing is what I’ve done for drying brass before reloading it which is what make me think to do for the fuse block. Milage may very it seems.

Washed the old girl today and a new coat of Chemical Guys Jet Seal. She may be a lil old but cleans up real nice!! Also sold the old headlights and reinstalled the factory set with all new LED bulbs. Works great surprisingly

658d0755880e595571708d628479a109.jpgb74ffc679647a2bf2b4d6a70d5f8d5cd.jpg350794cc86e1dc9569ca8253b7c79a0b.jpgd9cec7c6f9351487d9bef786afafd853.jpg2f38d8d7abec3adc6c7328cd1fef4a5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normally I dont like spiked lugs but I think it works very well on yours. The copper color isn’t something I’ve seen before!

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao. The oven thing is what I’ve done for drying brass before reloading it which is what make me think to do for the fuse block. Milage may very it seems.

Normally I dont like spiked lugs but I think it works very well on yours. The copper color isn’t something I’ve seen before!
I wasn’t a fan either. (Wife’s choice). There’s supposed to be rose gold. But I think it works out pretty good. I get a lot of looks cause of the color of the spikes

But I may be somewhat biased to the bronze/rose gold color.

b0185c51e502b6d01eaedc172aa64e29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65