What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to put the 3/4 ton brakes on a 1/2 ton?
Not exactly, but a biproduct will be an attempt at that. I’m actually wanting to install nnbs 2500hd brakes on my k5 blazer (with d60 and 14b axles). Since I’d have the parts I’d love to attempt them on my Tahoe if possible. Should be much easier on my Dana 60 as the rotors between the generations for 8 lug are incredibly close. Unsure on to a 1/2 ton if it would be better to redrill 8 lug or attempt to source a different rotor completely.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Not exactly, but a biproduct will be an attempt at that. I’m actually wanting to install nnbs 2500hd brakes on my k5 blazer (with d60 and 14b axles). Since I’d have the parts I’d love to attempt them on my Tahoe if possible. Should be much easier on my Dana 60 as the rotors between the generations for 8 lug are incredibly close. Unsure on to a 1/2 ton if it would be better to redrill 8 lug or attempt to source a different rotor completely.
I can’t remember if the 8 lug patterns changed at some point. I think i remember my autos teacher from HS saying something about it changing but never looked farther into it.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember if the 8 lug patterns changed at some point. I think i remember my autos teacher from HS saying something about it changing but never looked farther into it.
My d60 rotor is barely different size and thickness wise from my (now old) 07 Sierra 2500hd. Unsure on hub diameter but I’ll be using the HD calipers with the d60 rotors.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed rear brake pads and rotors. Autozone had a deal buy 2 rotors and pads and they discount it. Got the 59 dollar ceramics with hardware kit and these rotors with high carbon deal at 101 each for total of 179 after the discount and taxes. No more brake grindage. And also my warped brakes were the rears. The fronts are new from when I bought the Tahoe 3 months ago. Smooth as can be.

Also sprayed the rear bushings with lithium grease. Made my rear end squeaks over some moderate bumps go away.

Oh and I’m about half a tank in with e85, definitely see the mpg drop. I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect but the few times I had to floor it, it felt like I had more power.

Reaction score
Noticed that it will yell at you if you keep your turn signal on!

Coming home from work today I turned left onto a road that is more like 145* at the intersection (not enough of a turn to automatically shut off the turn signal) and about 1/4-1/2 mile later heard the dash dinging and looked down at the DIC and it said something like "Turn signal still activated" or something like that.

First time that's happened and I did not know it did that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts