What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you get that to show up on the Tech 2? TIS web? I have the software installed on a laptop but never have connected online.
when you go the tis website and enter your vin number it shows the most current "calibrations" available for your vin (software updates), then you take the tech2 and you can retrieve the current "calibrations" installed and compare them, I found out about that from a link on a different forum where a guy was having problems with his rvc system killing battery's and someone else mentioned there was a update. my current charging cal. is 22868669 and the newer one is 22935156. Normally you would never mess with it unless having problems like I am

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Went back to the laptop with tis 2000 loaded, retrieves the current calibrations, then just goes to a screen with no supported adapter's shown, can't go past there

View attachment 226750

As interesting as this quest of yours is, I feel that it should have it's own thread to preserve it for others in the future.

I understand that you are doing this to your truck today but we all know how this thread goes... once you figure out your solution, and I have no doubt you will because you are very tenacious, these posts will be lost in the middle of an ocean of posts.

Just my .02... best of luck, I'm rooting for ya.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As interesting as this quest of yours is, I feel that it should have it's own thread to preserve it for others in the future.

I understand that you are doing this to your truck today but we all know how this thread goes... once you figure out your solution, and I have no doubt you will because you are very tenacious, these posts will be lost in the middle of an ocean of posts.

Just my .02... best of luck, I'm rooting for ya.
true, I will make a separate post about this whole mess after I get it straightened out, sorry for jacking the thread guys

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
true, I will make a separate post about this whole mess after I get it straightened out, sorry for jacking the thread guys

I hope you didn't misunderstand... it's not that I have a problem with it being posted here as well... I just hate to see good info get lost in the midst of a monster thread.

I am very interested in what you are doing as I have been wanting to get a Tech2 and try out the reprogramming... more specifically the BCM as I would love to disable the bulb out warning for the turn signals so I could get rid of the resistors.

Please keep posting I was just suggesting a thread dedicated to this for posterity.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope you didn't misunderstand... it's not that I have a problem with it being posted here as well... I just hate to see good info get lost in the midst of a monster thread.

I am very interested in what you are doing as I have been wanting to get a Tech2 and try out the reprogramming... more specifically the BCM as I would love to disable the bulb out warning for the turn signals so I could get rid of the resistors.

Please keep posting I was just suggesting a thread dedicated to this for posterity.

I agree, not a problem as far as thread jacking. I also am interested in being able to program modules with my Tech 2. I went through some trying times getting the tis2000 software to even load on the windows laptop I have only to find out I can’t really do anything with it. (I found out it only runs on XP so I had to load it in a virtual machine.) Psh.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to me it appears from messing around with this a bit that the online java virtual machine works way better than than the tis2000 software (programming wise), but the tis2000 software can remote control the tech2 which I guess could come in handy in certain circumstances. the problem I ran into with the tis2000 was it would only select a vehicle up to 2008 and when I put my 2012 vin in it was invalid so I may work better for the older nbs trucks I don't know.
I'm leaning pretty heavy towards the charging/energy storage "calibration" being corrupt or something.
there is no bcm codes other than it lost communication with the bose amp but since I changed the head unit out that is to be expected.

as far turning off hyperblink and stuff like that it's going to take editing of the operating system which is a whole different ball game

I was just trying to save myself a $100 programming charge by the dealer, just turns out this particular part is not supported with the tech2 alone, I started looking at the tech2win adapters "vxdiag" that also work with tis2web but those are another $100+ I may get one just to see if does anything different

if nothing else at least if the drivers door switch or fuel pump control or any other misc stuff goes out I can program a new one for the next 24 months for free

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
!!!! Finally got the tech2 hooked up the PC and paid for the programming and it doesn't give the option to program the charging/energy storage, yet there is a update for it available

it's listed in the available sps part number when you enter the vin number into tis
it's #3 on the list under bcm, but it's not giving me the option shows practically everything else but that.

On the menu for my truck, the "charging info" section is withing the BCM menu. On the main screen after you build the truck, there is a menu option for Engine, BCM, Drivetrain and one for pulling codes across all modules. I select BCM and a whole new menu comes up but "charging" is not there as it resides under another BCM sub-menu. Could this be the case with yours on TIS2WEB?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the menu for my truck, the "charging info" section is withing the BCM menu. On the main screen after you build the truck, there is a menu option for Engine, BCM, Drivetrain and one for pulling codes across all modules. I select BCM and a whole new menu comes up but "charging" is not there as it resides under another BCM sub-menu. Could this be the case with yours on TIS2WEB?
Should be under body/bcm/charging or special functions, on tis2web for me there is no bcm option, I looked under ecm, sensor, rcdlr, and a couple others it just seems to not be a option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork