What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's listed in the available sps part number when you enter the vin number into tis
it's #3 on the list under bcm, but it's not giving me the option shows practically everything else but that.

View attachment 226738
Are these all “updates” listed? If so, I think you might need to just update the main components first, like Operating System, and System.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would a different browser work? Or are you limited to a certain one?
I initially tried chrome but it wouldn't run or i was doing something wrong, switched to internet explorer and finally figured it out, it runs a virtual machine (java), don't even need to tis2000 software just need the tech2 or a compatible or a MDI connected to a serial port, I ran a 100ft Ethernet cable from m office out to the truck, took a little trial and error it finally communicated as a tech2 classic or something like that, it has to load the virtual machine every time if you back out for any reason.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I initially tried chrome but it wouldn't run or i was doing something wrong, switched to internet explorer and finally figured it out, it runs a virtual machine (java), don't even need to tis2000 software just need the tech2 or a compatible or a MDI connected to a serial port, I ran a 100ft Ethernet cable from m office out to the truck, took a little trial and error it finally communicated as a tech2 classic or something like that, it has to load the virtual machine every time if you back out for any reason.
Hmm. What about the detailed summary? Anything useful there? Can you post that as well?
ETA: I’d also try Firefox if you haven’t yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these all “updates” listed? If so, I think you might need to just update the main components first, like Operating System, and System.
if that were the case then that update should have already been done because I had them program my hvac controller just a few months ago and that goes thru the bcm just like everything else shown. i'm thinking it takes a different interface device. i'll find out tomorrow from the dealer when I pick there brain about it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm going to hook it up again and see if it's under ecm or something but it shouldn't be since the bcm is what makes all the decisions, when you check the electrical system with the tech2 it's under bcm also

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
poked around in a few of the next sub menu's it's not there, it say's "supported controllers" at the top of the list so I am going to have to assume that either I cant do it from the "virtual machine" or the tech2 can't do it as a pass-thru, I will try the laptop again I couldn't get it to work right earlier.

sub menu.JPG

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
poked around in a few of the next sub menu's it's not there, it say's "supported controllers" at the top of the list so I am going to have to assume that either I cant do it from the "virtual machine" or the tech2 can't do it as a pass-thru, I will try the laptop again I couldn't get it to work right earlier.

View attachment 226747
Get it. [emoji106]

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went back to the laptop with tis 2000 loaded, retrieves the current calibrations, then just goes to a screen with no supported adapter's shown, can't go past there

IMG_20190714_173947.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's listed in the available sps part number when you enter the vin number into tis
it's #3 on the list under bcm, but it's not giving me the option shows practically everything else but that.

View attachment 226738
How did you get that to show up on the Tech 2? TIS web? I have the software installed on a laptop but never have connected online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts