What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time I have seen that setup. I have to say its sick as hell. It's simple yet stands out. What's the plans for future mods?

I plan on some new wheels hopefully in a few weeks and a 3-4 drop

and looking at doing some vinyl wrap for some interior pices

css49017

Reaction score
Well she was clean for about 10 mins until I drove it.
CBB16C61-4C25-4052-961C-6DE2E5301C4C_zpsghizzk3l.jpg

Sweet looking truck!

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

just a wash

yukon_zps099e6071.jpg

The white wheels looks very good

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Ben what else would you use besides vht?

Very cool Tahoe!

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Hit a gutter on the street at 4am.... oops :(

like new tires too... now I need another rim.... ideas?

Been there done that, try getting a reman wheel, there under $300

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to cleaning my headlights.
I'm impressed, I think another round and they will be as good as new.
My only complaint would be, the 500 grit discs don't last long at all, 3 is just not enough for our large lights. Otherwise, I'm very happy. I'm going to grab another kit and some headlight lens polish/wax and do them again in a couple of weeks.

drivers-1_zpsaf8bff85.jpg

drivers-2_zps85fdd926.jpg

passengers-1_zpsd01c5d3d.jpg

passengers-2_zpsae623061.jpg

I have one question. Look at my drivers side light. Where it meets the fender. Now, look at my passenger light. The passenger is flush with the fender and the drivers side is set back quite a bit.
How do I fix this?
Thanks

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow those lights were bad! I've not seen them that bad before

Maybe fix the fitment of the light with shims :shrug:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have to agree. Usually you see something this bad on older cars. Not a newer one. But they are pretty bad. You are going to really need to wet sand that then compound buff that out.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to cleaning my headlights.
I'm impressed, I think another round and they will be as good as new.
My only complaint would be, the 500 grit discs don't last long at all, 3 is just not enough for our large lights. Otherwise, I'm very happy. I'm going to grab another kit and some headlight lens polish/wax and do them again in a couple of weeks.

Wow those lights were bad! I've not seen them that bad before:

I have to agree. Usually you see something this bad on older cars. Not a newer one. But they are pretty bad. You are going to really need to wet sand that then compound buff that out.

I would honestly save the money on buying a second kit and just spend the $130 (shipping included) to buy a brand new set. Something like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-Se...&fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item5afbfd7cfe&vxp=mtr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pictures don't really do it any justice, they aren't by any means perfect but the glare from the sun certainly is holding back some of the clarity.

I have to agree, I've never seen any lights this bad before. Especially on a newer vehicle.

Wow those lights were bad! I've not seen them that bad before

Maybe fix the fitment of the light with shims :shrug:

Seriously, same here.
I'll give that shim idea a try.

I'm going to give it another try, we'll see how they come out.

I would honestly save the money on buying a second kit and just spend the $130 (shipping included) to buy a brand new set. Something like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-Se...&fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item5afbfd7cfe&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the link. Do you happen to know the quality of them?
I've heard some good but more negative about aftermarket headlight assemblies.

Is it true I have to take off the from bumper and grill surround to remove the headlights?
Is there a "how to" on this job?

Thanks guys

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed the roof rack off the Yukon XL as well.

Used these

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

vurugabe.jpg

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put in a kirkland group 65 battery from Costco. I've read a lot of good things about their batteries, plus you have an awesome full money back warranty. It's a 850 cold cranking amps/1000 cranking amps and 150 minute reserve for just $93!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93