What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the eBay tube is cheap enough that an extra coupling and clamps is in the budget, or if you already had the tube and wanted to attach it to the stock filter box (to not have a HOT air intake) you could cut it where that bend is downstream of the MAF, rotate it 180°, and couple it back together. After this, rotating the rest of the tube on the throttle body upward would probably put that other end at just about the right angle to hit the factory filter box. You could always shave the cut part to get the angle spot-on.

I guess if you the angle perfect, you could epoxy it together then Plasti-Dip, rubber undercoat or sand and paint the whole thing to make it a one-piece tube.

That sounds like a lot more work than the $38 worth of PVC elbows and pipe I'm snagging from Home Depot tomorrow. :p

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot more work than the $38 worth of PVC elbows and pipe I'm snagging from Home Depot tomorrow. :p

Word. I was thinking more of the guy that's cleaning out his garage one Saturday morning and finds such a tube and has the time to kill. Probably more times than I'd like to admit, I'm that guy. It always starts out as a simple modification but so easily snowballs into a polished turd.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word. I was thinking more of the guy that's cleaning out his garage one Saturday morning and finds such a tube and has the time to kill. Probably more times than I'd like to admit, I'm that guy. It always starts out as a simple modification but so easily snowballs into a polished turd.
But the pride you feel after....

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the eBay tube is cheap enough that an extra coupling and clamps is in the budget, or if you already had the tube and wanted to attach it to the stock filter box (to not have a HOT air intake) you could cut it where that bend is downstream of the MAF, rotate it 180°, and couple it back together. After this, rotating the rest of the tube on the throttle body upward would probably put that other end at just about the right angle to hit the factory filter box. You could always shave the cut part to get the angle spot-on.

I guess if you the angle perfect, you could epoxy it together then Plasti-Dip, rubber undercoat or sand and paint the whole thing to make it a one-piece tube.
Yup. This is what I was thinking too.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaBlah

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the pride you feel after....

Yes. And often times this is plenty justification and worth it. Speaking for myself, I don't always do something the easiest way as it's usually financially required for me to do it the hard way (making vs. buying). I focus more on the "Just wanted to see if I could" or "I wanted it to be my own design" or "I already had the parts laying around" aspects.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. And often times this is plenty justification and worth it. Speaking for myself, I don't always do something the easiest way as it's usually financially required for me to do it the hard way (making vs. buying). I focus more on the "Just wanted to see if I could" or "I wanted it to be my own design" or "I already had the parts laying around" aspects.
Not to stray too far into the boring and off topic, but to me, that's exactly why Youtube (and other places) is so bad for humanity. No longer do we have to use ingenuity. Just Youtube it. We'll all look like the people from Wall-E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar