What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had some more time to work on the console today. Really pleased with how the bottle fits. It’s sitting on the brackets in these photos...not touching the top or back panel. Still going to use dowels and glue it together and take a router to all edges. I’ll clean up the hole for the tray and a few other areas. Also picked up some nice vinyl.

View attachment 217108 View attachment 217109 View attachment 217110 View attachment 217111
Looking good!

More ambitious than I would be. I'd just mount the bottle in the cargo area and wire up a remote bottle opener to a switch mounted in the console.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!

More ambitious than I would be. I'd just mount the bottle in the cargo area and wire up a remote bottle opener to a switch mounted in the console.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Thanks! If it’s worth doing... it’s worth overdoing??... I considering mounting it in the cargo area, but I think I’d constantly be checking the valve anyways. Decided I wanted to open and close it by hand.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dat tight gap, doe.

I'd like to see this vinyl you got. I'll be needing some eventually and I want it to have the same grain and color as the factory stuff.

Details make em great. Spent alotta time on that gap. I’ll post a pic of the vinyl. Looks pretty good. Seems tough as well. Going to put a pad under everything to make it a bit softer and smooth out any imperfections

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didn't already have my MIT, I'd be making that this weekend and would rock it with pride. I'd sand off the excess molding and embossed lettering and use matte or satin black and a black fuel-rated hose for the vent tube, though.

Yep. The factory intercooler pipes on my F250 have this crappy foil type insulation glued to them for sound deadening. It's both ugly and starts falling apart with age so years ago I stripped the pipes completely then sprayed them with black rubberized bedliner spray. Turned out great. I'm kind of thinking the same for this. Once I get it made and glued, scuff it up, then hit it with some of that rubberized spray. Not only does it give it an outside texture as opposed to just smooth piping, but also protects it a bit from scratches/nicks any time you have to remove it or work on/around it.

23801980078_large.jpg

That said, this was years ago before PlastiDip hit the scene. That could be another cool option especially since you have so many colors and textures available with it.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An update on this product,

Fast shipping got it in 2 days. These showed up in a huge box like 30" cubed, heavy as hell. Opened it up to find 2 boxes inside, really tight fitting in the main box like a glove. Open the smaller boxes, they are packed tight with that expanding foam in the plastic wrapper stuff. Actually had to be careful peeling it out because it formed so nicely to the headlight tabs and stuff you didn't want to break anything. Once you get the headlight out there is another 1/2" thick sheet of closed cell foam lining the bottom of each box. Each headlight has a nice thick film of shrink wrap on the clear plastic protecting it.

The biggest surprise was to find out both headlights came with ALL new bulbs already installed. Not a bad deal at all! :) Just got to swap over some of my LED's.

Update on this,

1A Auto just shit in my bed with these ******* headlights!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Customer service

Thanks for messaging us! How can I help you?

You

I recently purchased new headlight housings and installed them. They seem to be fogging up on the inside with moisture. I don't remember my original lights doing that. So I am very concerned. Can you shed any light on why this is happening or if it is supposed to be normal?

Customer service

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I can definitely assist you with this. Do you have the order number so I can pull up the file and review it with you?

You

2DSB11MAGOP

Customer service

Did you replace the bulbs before installing?

Customer service

installing*

You

No the housings you sent already had all of the bulbs installed.

Customer service

The bulbs that may have been included are tester bulbs and are not intended for long term use. This may be what is causing the issue. I would suggest swapping them with your existing bulbs or purchase them locally. This may remedy the problem.

Customer service

If after attempting this and it does not we can assist with sending out replacements for you.

You

Ok I wish I knew this, I already threw out the other housing and the bulbs.

You

I don't understand what type of bulbs have to do with water vapor in the housings anyway. You had no other complaints regarding this?

Customer service

In the listing under warranty information it states,"Bulb Note: These lights do not include bulbs. If you happen to receive a product with bulbs, the bulbs are for testing and not covered under our warranty. Our warranty applies to the light assembly only."

You

Maybe that note should be over with the item description where it can be noticed better. Well played. I was a die hard fan and tell others to come here for parts but this is very upsetting.

Customer service

I apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with setting up replacement parts to be sent out to honor your warranty if you would like.

You

Now I got to go spend another 80 bucks to replace all those bulbs.

You

And still no explanation why they have water vapor getting stuck inside the housings.

Customer service

This is in direct correlation to the tester bulbs not being changed in the assembly. That can create condensation inside the assembly.

Customer service

Did you need assistance setting up a warranty replacement?

You

Let me get back to you thank you. (YA FAKIN RETARD......)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on this,

1A Auto just shit in my bed with these ******* headlights!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Customer service

Thanks for messaging us! How can I help you?

You

I recently purchased new headlight housings and installed them. They seem to be fogging up on the inside with moisture. I don't remember my original lights doing that. So I am very concerned. Can you shed any light on why this is happening or if it is supposed to be normal?

Customer service

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I can definitely assist you with this. Do you have the order number so I can pull up the file and review it with you?

You

2DSB11MAGOP

Customer service

Did you replace the bulbs before installing?

Customer service

installing*

You

No the housings you sent already had all of the bulbs installed.

Customer service

The bulbs that may have been included are tester bulbs and are not intended for long term use. This may be what is causing the issue. I would suggest swapping them with your existing bulbs or purchase them locally. This may remedy the problem.

Customer service

If after attempting this and it does not we can assist with sending out replacements for you.

You

Ok I wish I knew this, I already threw out the other housing and the bulbs.

You

I don't understand what type of bulbs have to do with water vapor in the housings anyway. You had no other complaints regarding this?

Customer service

In the listing under warranty information it states,"Bulb Note: These lights do not include bulbs. If you happen to receive a product with bulbs, the bulbs are for testing and not covered under our warranty. Our warranty applies to the light assembly only."

You

Maybe that note should be over with the item description where it can be noticed better. Well played. I was a die hard fan and tell others to come here for parts but this is very upsetting.

Customer service

I apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with setting up replacement parts to be sent out to honor your warranty if you would like.

You

Now I got to go spend another 80 bucks to replace all those bulbs.

You

And still no explanation why they have water vapor getting stuck inside the housings.

Customer service

This is in direct correlation to the tester bulbs not being changed in the assembly. That can create condensation inside the assembly.

Customer service

Did you need assistance setting up a warranty replacement?

You

Let me get back to you thank you. (YA FAKIN RETARD......)
‘Liked’ fo support yo

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the consensus is that 99% of the cold air intakes are a waste of money and the best bang for the buck setup is the stock airbox with the Airaid intake tube.

Been trying to come across/score one used cheap, but recently missed out on one on FaceBook marketplace and eBay. Strongly considering for now just doing my own out of PVC like this. I'd have about $40 in parts.

You could wrap it with some header wrap too. I did that with a Spectre Intake on my 00 Tahoe.

2000_tahoe_air_intake_header_wrap.jpg

Or you could buy a cheap intake on eBay and just use the tube.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could buy a cheap intake on eBay and just use the tube.

My only concern is a lot of those generic kits look like they reroute the tube to go under the radiator hose vs the factory one (and Airaid) going over. Makes me wonder if that would impact the alignment and ability of just using the tube from one of the generic kits and having it mate up to the factory airbox ok.

I'll likely still just do the PVC one this weekend. If I change it out down the road for something else, I have plenty of family & friends with late model GM trucks/suv's that I can sell the PVC one to for what I'll have in it. Haha..

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can clearly see here how high the factory tube joins the factory airbox, and at a small downward angle.

verado_true_flow_air_intake_install%2Bfactory_unit.jpg

Verses those generic eBay kits...

upload_2019-2-22_15-7-48.png

Completely different height and angle make me pretty sure you couldn't just use the tube from one of the generic kits and have it work with the factory airbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e