What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 310 HP rating was for 2007-2009 Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans, Avalanches and Yukon XLs equipped with the aluminum block LC9. The engine was rated for 310 HP @ 5200 RPMs and 335 FTLBS Torque @ 4400 RPMS. The iron block LMG was rated for 320 HP @ 5200 RPMs and 340 FTLBS Torque @ 4200 RPMs.

The LC9 was used in the XFE Tahoe and Yukon models and in many but not all 4WD Suburbans, Avalanches and Yukon XLs.

When both engines received new camshafts and VVT in 2010, they were both rated for 320 @ 5400 for horsepower and 335 @ 4000 for torque.

Mine feels great on E85 but I really should make a few passes down the 1/4 mile on gasoline to see if the BlackBear tune is faster.

I do not run 87 in my truck and probably never will. Don't run 87 in anything, not in decades. Anyhow, mine gets about 3 mpg less than 93 octane gasoline in combined city/highway driving on average. The cost difference right now is six cents per mile, a huge plus for running E85. Twenty cents a mile on gasoline versus fourteen cents a mile on E85.
Great info swathdiver, thanks for sharing the details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove from Whidbey Island Washington yesterday to Redding Cali and stopped for the night, currently on day 2 and about halfway to Bakersfield, the pass with snow and fog was killer last night but looks like good driving weather for the next few days.
you must have just passed me, lol, you dodged a bullet on your timing over Shasta we just had a big storm about a day and a half ago, must have been a lot of Snow up there?

Reaction score
Added air to my tires. It's been really cold and tire air pressure was only 32. I like them at 35-36.

Noticed a nickel sized piece of chrome peeling off right next to the tire valve on one wheel. It's like a small flap of chrome, and the wheel surface underneath the flap feels real sticky. Wonder if I should just let it be, peel it off, or maybe glue it down with a thin layer of epoxy or something? 309857e210f8908ac78c6fb257ca9001.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Added air to my tires. It's been really cold and tire air pressure was only 32. I like them at 35-36.

Noticed a nickel sized piece of chrome peeling off right next to the tire valve on one wheel. It's like a small flap of chrome, and the wheel surface underneath the flap feels real sticky. Wonder if I should just let it be, peel it off, or maybe glue it down with a thin layer of epoxy or something? 309857e210f8908ac78c6fb257ca9001.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
That's probably the beginning of your peeling issues. I'd try to get it flush as possible, and seal it some how. You don't want any water, moisture or dirt getting in there.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove from Whidbey Island Washington yesterday to Redding Cali and stopped for the night, currently on day 2 and about halfway to Bakersfield, the pass with snow and fog was killer last night but looks like good driving weather for the next few days.
Whidbey Island huh? Did you pass race road?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

"it's 3 days ride from Bakersfield and I don't know why i came...."

Anybody?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"it's 3 days ride from Bakersfield and I don't know why i came...."

Anybody?

Had to look it up and now I know why. Not a fan. Went to school with the ultimate bootlegging, band travelling, heavy smoking Deadhead from Buffalo Grove.

He tried everything in his power to convert me, but never succeeded. Cool dude, but man was he a blazer.

Italian dude who used to get a bit high pitched when he got excited and he earned a nickname “Caw”. Sounded a bit like a crow and he used to get irate when he would get called out on it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Had to look it up and now I know why. Not a fan. Went to school with the ultimate bootlegging, band travelling, heavy smoking Deadhead from Buffalo Grove.

He tried everything in his power to convert me, but never succeeded. Cool dude, but man was he a blazer.

Italian dude who used to get a bit high pitched when he got excited and he earned a nickname “Caw”. Sounded a bit like a crow and he used to get irate when he would get called out on it.

Yeah, I know those guys. I'm not one. Lots of types of Deadheads, which I really love. I'm more the "wish I lived south with a yard full of cars and a nice barn" type. Got hooked at age 14 and have a massive live collection, etc.

That being said, I'm a classically trained pianist and play many other instruments, both for fun and money, and my tastes are wide ranging.

For you, @Fosscore, imma fire up a little Dokken, as I ran into and got to hang /play a little with /for them this past summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts