What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought mine it had been dealer maintained. Dealers use old dino oil and when I first switched to synthetic oil it wreaked havoc on my engine. It clogged the oil pressure sensor and some solenoids in my DOD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the danger in switching over, the synthetic is cleaning the old sludge out. If they were using the proper oil, it was if memory serves a blend, maybe such a mess would not have occurred for y'all.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the tsp 1 7/8 headers and y pipe on a 6.2? Their website says that modifications are needed to fit it. Does anyone have experience with these or the pacesetters?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid a deposit to reserve a slot at the upcoming Black Bear tune event in Concord, NC in December.

I touched up a small paint chip on the rear hatch. I've always had mediocre results from such attempts in the past. But this time I spent the money on some good touch-up paint with separate clear. I took my time and did multiple coats. Turned out pretty nicely. It helps that the Yukon is "black".

I've been using the ball mount from my lowered Expedition to tow with. But it is way too high, making my trailer tilt so much it scrapes the ground at the back end. So I bought an 8" drop mount to improve the situation. It's still about 3" too high. But when I lower the Yukon, it'll be about right. ;)

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can, not enough tongue weight can cause the trailer to sway and of course if the deck is angled enough a load could shift if not secured properly and cause problems too.

Get you one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/reese-tactical-adjustable-ball-mount?cm_vc=-10005

The other night I was waiting for my wife while she went into the grocery store "for just one thing". A Suburban dropped off his wife too and he was pulling a little 5x8 utility trailer with a severe upward angle, not sure how the coupler stayed on the ball. He'd just bought it and was taking it home to be used by a Kia Sedona. All he had was the 2" drop hitch walmart special. That's what got me thinking about yours.

Maybe @intheburbs can share some wisdom on this topic or tell us I've no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm familiar with the necessity of tongue weight. I rarely drag a trailer and when I do, it's that little one. I drive the mower up and pull forward slowly until the Tahoe squats a little then lock the mower in place. Never had a problem. That's a pretty sweet looking hitch, but I don't tow enough in frequency or weight to worry with something like that. Once I lower the Tahoe, I'll revisit all this. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up keeping the ball mount I have now and it'll be about right.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My attempts to find an exploded diagram to identify the part number for this harness clip/holder have failed. Driver's side of engine, plastic clip/holder than snaps onto a stud from the coil pack bracket. I broke it a while back working on something under the hood, would like to replace it. Anyone know the part number?

View attachment 211039
My attempts to find an exploded diagram to identify the part number for this harness clip/holder have failed. Driver's side of engine, plastic clip/holder than snaps onto a stud from the coil pack bracket. I broke it a while back working on something under the hood, would like to replace it. Anyone know the part number?

?

View attachment 211039[/QUOTE]

@Doubeleive

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you say BlackBearTune boys and girls? Shout out to Justin from @BlackBearPerf. I was able to sign up last week for their visit on Saturday. I first plugged in my superchips tuner and took it back to stock. Met Justin in North Ft. Worth, about 20 miles away from my home, and about an hour later, VROOM! The shift points are great, better than the Superchip points, and better performance in general. Can't wait to get my AutoCal!

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you say BlackBearTune boys and girls? Shout out to Justin from @BlackBearPerf. I was able to sign up last week for their visit on Saturday. I first plugged in my superchips tuner and took it back to stock. Met Justin in North Ft. Worth, about 20 miles away from my home, and about an hour later, VROOM! The shift points are great, better than the Superchip points, and better performance in general. Can't wait to get my AutoCal!
That's great to hear! We are happy you are enjoying the tune. Let us know if you need anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz