What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?
Eh that kinda covers it, lol.

Said friend said I could park my camper behind his barn for the winter for $0 while storage wanted $300, soooo, yeah 0 is better. Anyhow, I went out this morning to check things out, and yeah the ground was soft but neither of us could foresee how soft and slick it really was. I was trying get things into place, and even in 4lo it was just spinning. Mildly concerned that all 4 wheels weren't spinning but it seems like that is status quo since it's not a true 4x4 with locking diffs. Anyhow, I unhooked the camper and he grabbed his silverado and was able to get it into place without more damage to the ground. Sort of defeated, but whatever, it was freakin soft.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh that kinda covers it, lol.

Said friend said I could park my camper behind his barn for the winter for $0 while storage wanted $300, soooo, yeah 0 is better. Anyhow, I went out this morning to check things out, and yeah the ground was soft but neither of us could foresee how soft and slick it really was. I was trying get things into place, and even in 4lo it was just spinning. Mildly concerned that all 4 wheels weren't spinning but it seems like that is status quo since it's not a true 4x4 with locking diffs. Anyhow, I unhooked the camper and he grabbed his silverado and was able to get it into place without more damage to the ground. Sort of defeated, but whatever, it was freakin soft.

Do you have street tires or ATs and did you air them down? The rear is a locker but the front is open. On second thought, airing them down probably would've taken more effort than just using the Silvy.

Frustrating when that stuff happens though, nobody was hurt and nothing broken but a little pride it seems! Grass will grow back. Always good to have friends with barns and pick up trucks too!

Last edited:

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil Gremlin was back again after about 6miles this morning, although showing better pressure than prior. I assume the filter got clogged again.. And while technically not due an oil change, I decided to "flush" and change the oil, Mobil1, and a Fram XG filter(yeah I know people piss about them) Walmart Carries AC Delco but they had none in stock. Also from looking at a couple they did have, the build quality sure is lacking compared to all others they carry including supertech. We'll see how it goes, I'm nearly 100% certain it's just gunk in the engine clogging the filter. While not advisable when the alarm went off today I said Screw it, if the engine blows let it. I have a Jasper Engine place nearby, I'm ready if needed to put a new one in if I have to, they can even do the DOD, or other higher performance versions IIRC.

So after the oil change, all is running well again with good pressure and quiet running. Hope it remains well behaved for the upcoming Thanksgiving road trip...

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stereo sounds so much better since I cut those anc wires what a difference
Do all bose systems have the ANC? I have the DVD/CD with rear entertainment. I'm actually mostly pleased with my bose system, decent bass, love the functionality with the DVD. I plan on a Android headunit at some point, currently working on a raspberry pi with a plex server running on it, which will be piped into the rear AV inputs and my kids can pick any movie they want, either on the Flip down screen or via WIFI on any device they connect in the vehicle...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do all bose systems have the ANC? I have the DVD/CD with rear entertainment. I'm actually mostly pleased with my bose system, decent bass, love the functionality with the DVD. I plan on a Android headunit at some point, currently working on a raspberry pi with a plex server running on it, which will be piped into the rear AV inputs and my kids can pick any movie they want, either on the Flip down screen or via WIFI on any device they connect in the vehicle...
that I don't know, I would imagine if there is a bose mic in the headliner then yes (not to be confused with the temp sensor above the driver) mine has 3 bose mic's in the headliner and they basically were crippling my added subwoofer and I would get feedback that sounded pretty much just like when plugging a guitar into a amp and you get that "hum" sound except it would do it almost all the time, I have a nex-8200 running thru the bose amp and then the added separate powered sub and the whole system is more alive now. I am going to upgrade that to wnex-8400 in a couple days and a maestro-RR which is supposed to give me back DSP to the bose amp which should make it sound even better

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil Gremlin was back again after about 6miles this morning, although showing better pressure than prior. I assume the filter got clogged again.. And while technically not due an oil change, I decided to "flush" and change the oil, Mobil1, and a Fram XG filter(yeah I know people piss about them) Walmart Carries AC Delco but they had none in stock. Also from looking at a couple they did have, the build quality sure is lacking compared to all others they carry including supertech. We'll see how it goes, I'm nearly 100% certain it's just gunk in the engine clogging the filter. While not advisable when the alarm went off today I said Screw it, if the engine blows let it. I have a Jasper Engine place nearby, I'm ready if needed to put a new one in if I have to, they can even do the DOD, or other higher performance versions IIRC.

So after the oil change, all is running well again with good pressure and quiet running. Hope it remains well behaved for the upcoming Thanksgiving road trip...

Do you know if this motor was run on regular oil for a time and then someone switched it over to synthetic?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if this motor was run on regular oil for a time and then someone switched it over to synthetic?
When I bought mine it had been dealer maintained. Dealers use old dino oil and when I first switched to synthetic oil it wreaked havoc on my engine. It clogged the oil pressure sensor and some solenoids in my DOD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My attempts to find an exploded diagram to identify the part number for this harness clip/holder have failed. Driver's side of engine, plastic clip/holder than snaps onto a stud from the coil pack bracket. I broke it a while back working on something under the hood, would like to replace it. Anyone know the part number?

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My attempts to find an exploded diagram to identify the part number for this harness clip/holder have failed. Driver's side of engine, plastic clip/holder than snaps onto a stud from the coil pack bracket. I broke it a while back working on something under the hood, would like to replace it. Anyone know the part number?

upload_2018-11-19_8-14-27.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos