What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Making before and after vids with a GoPro Hero3+ Black I've had for 4-5 years and JUST unboxed it for the first time yesterday. lol

I got it all updated, set up, etc. and now have a "before" vid on my PC. Gonna make an "after" vid then gotta figure out how to upload and post 'em. I'm a little slow with computers.
Gotta upload to youtube, then post the link.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Its all good. Gopro > phone recording

I see that! I'm like a caveman stepping out of the cave for the first time. The fisheye view is a bit annoying. But the vid quality and sound is pretty on-point. Post with vids coming soon...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the stock 80-lb. trash can of a muffler with an AP Exhaust XS1259.

Made some comparison vids. Slow rev to limiter (4,000 RPM, I think) then a few WOT blasts to limiter.

Before:

After:

Honestly, it's much less aggressive than what I wanted. With the muffler being about a 1/4 the size of the stock one and almost straight through, I expected it to be louder. My best description is that it's basically the stock note/tone, but with the volume turned up one or two clicks. Comparing the videos, the XS actually sounds quieter. It's definitely louder, but deeper. Very smooth and mellow. Maybe the camera recorded the sound differently? The sound it gives off seems to cancel out the growl from the MIT. When cruising, it sounds almost 100% stock and you can barely hear a deep rumble coming from behind you. It's definitely noticeable when you mash on it, but it's still not as aggressive as I was hoping for. I'm gonna run it and see if it changes it's tone with age. It may end up being perfect after the packing gets a little clogged and with catless long tubes. If not, I can easily switch to a chambered style like that Jones one @kbuskill has.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the stock 80-lb. trash can of a muffler with an AP Exhaust XS1259.

Made some comparison vids. Slow rev to limiter (4,000 RPM, I think) then a few WOT blasts to limiter.

Before:

After:

Honestly, it's much less aggressive than what I wanted. With the muffler being about a 1/4 the size of the stock one and almost straight through, I expected it to be louder. My best description is that it's basically the stock note/tone, but with the volume turned up one or two clicks. Comparing the videos, the XS actually sounds quieter. It's definitely louder, but deeper. Very smooth and mellow. Maybe the camera recorded the sound differently? The sound it gives off seems to cancel out the growl from the MIT. When cruising, it sounds almost 100% stock and you can barely hear a deep rumble coming from behind you. It's definitely noticeable when you mash on it, but it's still not as aggressive as I was hoping for. I'm gonna run it and see if it changes it's tone with age. It may end up being perfect after the packing gets a little clogged and with catless long tubes. If not, I can easily switch to a chambered style like that Jones one @kbuskill has.
Sounds good but what’s a rev limiter lol. Need that tuned out so we can hear it at 5500.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good but what’s a rev limiter lol. Need that tuned out so we can hear it at 5500.

I don't know about NBS, but the NNBS has a limiter at around 4,000 when revving in park or neutral. For me to get a 4,000+ RPM clip, I'd have to be driving. Maybe I'll get a body mount for the GoPro and make more vids. Sounds fun.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about NBS, but the NNBS has a limiter at around 4,000 when revving in park or neutral. For me to get a 4,000+ RPM clip, I'd have to be driving. Maybe I'll get a body mount for the GoPro and make more vids. Sounds fun.
I had mine removed by Blackbear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts