What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing what I am calling a light refresh. I bought it with almost 200k on it, so I'm replacing the oil pump, water pump, fixing broken exhaust manifold bolts, and replacing a lot of gaskets, and some heavy degreasing. I figure if I can keep all of the fluids pumping and keep it sealed up, it should be good for at least another 100k. Compression is perfect and it still runs great.

Once the powertrains is refeshed, I'll be overhauling the suspension and doing a 2/3 Belltech kit.

Also, we originally bought it as a "newer/nicer" 3rd vehicle, but my wife decided she liked it so I want to make sure it stays reliable while she DD's it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got my tech2 today, hooked it up played with it a little, after replacing the air shock pump and then driving about 500 miles everything was fine but then last Thursday the service suspension light kept going on/off so turns out it's saying the right front shock circuit is open, went and checked the connector and it seemed a little loose it came off rather easily, looks like the clip on the blue connector is a little funky so I put it back on nice snug "till it clicked" so I guess I will see if it stays off I am going to buy a new connector.
also found 4 dtc for the HVAC but it seems to work fine the fix seems to be to reprogram it but I am going to clear them out and see if any come back since I changed the controller recently

•DTC B0168 is for the Passenger Compartment Air Temperature Sensor Auxiliary
the aux sensor is in the right rear , you will need to remove the cover to get to it.

B0423 - Temperature Control 2 Feedback

Possible causes
  • Faulty Passenger Air Temperature Actuator
  • Passenger Air Temperature Actuator harness is open or shorted
  • Passenger Air Temperature Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
B0228 CHEVROLET - Recirculate Position Feedback Circuit

Possible causes
  • Faulty Recirculate Actuator
  • Recirculate Actuator harness is open or shorted
  • Recirculate Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
B3782

possible bad actuator or reprogram hvac control module

dtc.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing what I am calling a light refresh. I bought it with almost 200k on it, so I'm replacing the oil pump, water pump, fixing broken exhaust manifold bolts, and replacing a lot of gaskets, and some heavy degreasing. I figure if I can keep all of the fluids pumping and keep it sealed up, it should be good for at least another 100k. Compression is perfect and it still runs great.

Once the powertrains is refeshed, I'll be overhauling the suspension and doing a 2/3 Belltech kit.

Also, we originally bought it as a "newer/nicer" 3rd vehicle, but my wife decided she liked it so I want to make sure it stays reliable while she DD's it.

North of 200K miles on AFM components, I'd say it's tempting fate. Delete the AFM and another 100K is pretty much guaranteed.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Lowes today, don't get very excited about much but outside of automotive items. But being in welding/fabricating a good tape is always nice to have and me being fond of FatMax. Thought I'd share :)
Lowes is having a sale on FatMax tapes. One 25' and one 16' BOTH for 19.99.

Sorry, maybe this is the wrong spot but figured this thread gets the most action and it is something I did in my Tahoe ;)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Lowes today, don't get very excited about much but outside of automotive items. But being in welding/fabricating a good tape is always nice to have and me being fond of FatMax. Thought I'd share :)
Lowes is having a sale on FatMax tapes. One 25' and one 16' BOTH for 19.99.

Sorry, maybe this is the wrong spot but figured this thread gets the most action and it is something I did in my Tahoe ;)

Great price! Those tape measures generally have been about $1 per foot since they came out ~20 years ago. That's almost like buying a 16' and getting a 25' for free. Their standout length is impressive and convenient. I'll try to stop by one tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great price! Those tape measures generally been about $1 per foot since they came out ~20 years ago. That's almost like buying a 16' and getting a 25' for free. Their standout length is impressive and convenient. I'll try to stop by one tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Seriously, t is if you figure in the tax hahah.
I bought 2 more sets, just to have. If its still going on this weekend, I'll probably buy at least one more set. Love me some FatMax.
Any time, love spreadin the word on a sweet deal.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North of 200K miles on AFM components, I'd say it's tempting fate. Delete the AFM and another 100K is pretty much guaranteed.

I'm pretty sure the 6.2L in 2007 did not have AFM. Can anyone else confirm?

If it does have AFM I will certainly delete it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OoooooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOh. It's been so long, I forgot you had the 6.2. Some variants had it, some didn't and some had the hardware but the system wasn't enabled in the PCM programming. You know your engine's RPO code? I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in your thread.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The very earliest L92s had AFM hardware but was not active in the tune. I saw one that sold recently on ebay with AFM. Look for the lumpy VOLM in place of the flat valley cover under the intake.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OoooooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOh. It's been so long, I forgot you had the 6.2. Some variants had it, some didn't and some had the hardware but the system wasn't enabled in the PCM programming. You know your engine's RPO code? I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in your thread.

I forgot that I could look it up that way. Will do that tonight.

The very earliest L92s had AFM hardware but was not active in the tune. I saw one that sold recently on ebay with AFM. Look for the lumpy VOLM in place of the flat valley cover under the intake.

Looks pretty flat to me....?

valleycover.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali