What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project_x

Reaction score
When I bought my 03, it came with the passenger side battery tray already installed. I thought they all came with it installed whether it was optioned with the 2nd battery or not. Strange. What advantages does having a 2nd battery? I don't have any serious current draws--cranking power?
I did it to have some extra power plowing my driveway. I think in my installation, it is disconnect until running (voltage above 13.5 or something).... You could probably boost from the 2nd batter if you needed to

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe to rehab today--just to get the fluids flowing. Ride there was fine--about 2-3 miles. Coming back all the sudden I lost the power steering. I knew what had happened! Threw the belt. Nice dude retrieved the belt for me. Looked at the belt and it split in the center between the ribs. Luckily I had a temporary/older spare with me, unfortunately I took all my tools out of the truck. I drove the last 1-1 1/2 miles without the belt. Whenever I had a straight road I'd shut it down and cruise it in neutral, then start it again to get moving, then shut it down again. This is nothing new for me. Got home and put the temporary belt on. All is good--so far. Now I just need a new belt.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe to rehab today--just to get the fluids flowing. Ride there was fine--about 2-3 miles. Coming back all the sudden I lost the power steering. I knew what had happened! Threw the belt. Nice dude retrieved the belt for me. Looked at the belt and it split in the center between the ribs. Luckily I had a temporary/older spare with me, unfortunately I took all my tools out of the truck. I drove the last 1-1 1/2 miles without the belt. Whenever I had a straight road I'd shut it down and cruise it in neutral, then start it again to get moving, then shut it down again. This is nothing new for me. Got home and put the temporary belt on. All is good--so far. Now I just need a new belt.
Been there, done that 3x in early 00's before I realized the ASP crank pulley I put on wasn't snug on the crank. :gayfight:

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Back

Been there, done that 3x in early 00's before I realized the ASP crank pulley I put on wasn't snug on the crank. :gayfight:
A few years ago I was having issues with the serpentine pulley. It was either too many washers or not enough. It was literally throwing the belt every few miles. Hopefully it was just a fluke--still need a new belt tho.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I was having issues with the serpentine pulley. It was either too many washers or not enough. It was literally throwing the belt every few miles. Hopefully it was just a fluke--still need a new belt tho.

Check all the pulleys very carefully for something in the ribs before you install that new belt. I had a tiny pebble find its way into the A/C compressor pulley and shredded the belt. Was my first experience with a stretch belt.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some basic maintenance and noticed that my factory exhaust manifolds/exhaust piping is starting to rust pretty good. I'll be looking in spring time to get new headers and a complete exhaust replacement. I don't intend on doing much to upgrade performance, so it'll just be for sound. Any suggestions on headers/manifolds? I'll be replacing everything at the same time to save a headache.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to take any pictures, but went to swap 28 spline to 32 spline input on a manual shift transfer case to put in the 2500. Got the input gear popped into the planetary set and found the pilot bearing for the main shaft is smaller than what was originally in the tcase.

Had a buddy who's a machinist cut the pilot on the shaft down to size for me (I owe him a couple cold ones). Upgraded to a 6 pinion planet I had and got the transfer case back together, threw it in today.

That gets a manual tcase behind my manual transmission, and frees up an electronic shift transfer case for my truck that I pulled a bunch of bug chunks out of its electronic transfer case. Swapping that one out tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n