What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A complete paint job.... Have you considered a boat paint shop? They are as good & very capable.
Maybe they have a better time frame?
Seems like a different beast. Never thought of that. Sarasota is the capital of everything high-end and pricey. The only thing that is expected is that I will pay dearly for a quality paint job and get zero customer service for my dollars. Every shop in this city acts like it's doing me a favor to even discuss working on my vehicle. And I'm not looking for a discount shop. I have budgeted up to 10K for a repaint. Very frustrating.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a different beast. Never thought of that. Sarasota is the capital of everything high-end and pricey. The only thing that is expected is that I will pay dearly for a quality paint job and get zero customer service for my dollars. Every shop in this city acts like it's doing me a favor to even discuss working on my vehicle. And I'm not looking for a discount shop. I have budgeted up to 10K for a repaint. Very frustrating.
I lived for 10 years in Bradenton... There are a few 'select' paint shops there.....
An automotive paint supply shop is just across the street from the Pittsburgh Pirates 'Lecom' ball field. They know the shops in the area.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived for 10 years in Bradenton... There are a few 'select' paint shops there.....
An automotive paint supply shop is just across the street from the Pittsburgh Pirates 'Lecom' ball field. They know the shops in the area.
Good idea. I may call PPG or SW paint suppliers and see who they recommend. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of finding a qualified shop, rather, it is finding a shop that is willing to take on the work.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving around over a year with no drivers side fender liner. Finally got one in it yesterday. Threw some 1.25" BORA wheel spacers on the front as well.

Also a little off topic, but found some significant rust in the cab of my '07 Silverado.... Leaned in to reach the baby in the back seat and my knee went thru the rocker panel. There's now a 5" x 12" piece missing out of the rocker panel after I started tapping around with my finger. Damn. Truck was garage kept the first 9 years of it's life and washed religiously (dad bought it new). Disappointing. Toying with the idea of swapping a Crew Cab C10 body onto it with a shortened 5' bed. Just an idea. Ah, in the mean time I reckon she'll keep running down the road.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The crankshaft seal was starting to show its age and developed a wet spot. Got it knocked out this weekend. I also installed a new harmonic balancer and new belts since I was already there.

Attachments

• 20220115_153327.jpg
    20220115_153327.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220115_173101.jpg
    20220115_173101.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220115_153234.jpg
    20220115_153234.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 5

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crankshaft seal was starting to show its age and developed a wet spot. Got it knocked out this weekend. I also installed a new harmonic balancer and new belts since I was already there.
At least it was the front seal and not the rear seal! It’s much easier to pull the balancer rather than the transmission. :)

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm back, looking for suggestions again. Finally got my finances in order and the body is getting repaired on the Tahoe at the end of February, after those repairs are done I'm looking to replace the worn out 205k exhaust manifolds and converters. I was looking into long tubes with a matching Y-pipe. I'm not going for performance as much, just something that will last a long time and looks decent, it already has a custom exhaust, just need to replace the rest of the rusted parts. Thanks for the continued help and support, this has been a great forum to be apart of.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm back, looking for suggestions again. Finally got my finances in order and the body is getting repaired on the Tahoe at the end of February, after those repairs are done I'm looking to replace the worn out 205k exhaust manifolds and converters. I was looking into long tubes with a matching Y-pipe. I'm not going for performance as much, just something that will last a long time and looks decent, it already has a custom exhaust, just need to replace the rest of the rusted parts. Thanks for the continued help and support, this has been a great forum to be apart of.
Depends on what you’re willing to spend, the ease of installation desired, and if you’re 4WD/AWD or 2WD. I went with ARH on mine because it’s AWD, their stuff mounted easily and bolted up to the stock exhaust and it’s high quality. I went with their bullet high flow cats. There’s no actual y- pipe on mine, it runs duals all the way to the muffler which is a 2 inlet single outlet. They were about $1800 iirc.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend these no-name custom made ones. I have burned all kinds of wires on my 02 6.0 with a blower and AR longtubes. I tried several brands and used the braided fiberglass shield things but they never lasted. The problem to me was the wires were always too long which caused them to not be centered in the openings between header tubes. These are just the right length, just long enough to go between the coils and the plugs without being too tight.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/351925993115
Do you still recommend these? Looking at new plug wires and your suggestion is the only one that pops up when I search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17