What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
blow it up then lol then after the goodies i say let her eat, if you can run e85, run it. if not run meth injection, now we can kill the 10 bolt rear lol
Unfortunately being in Texas now, E85 isn’t readily available, unless you’re pretty close to the largest cities. Closest station that supposedly has it (and who knows what the actual content is.) is 90 miles from me. It sucks because I absolutely love the way she runs on corn! That 10 bolt will hopefully hold up for a little while with my heads / cam upgrades, since I girdled it with a TA Performance cover. We will see..

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd be using a small soldering iron on the circuit boards, maybe a 15-25 watt pencil iron. The gun shown is way too bulky and unwieldy, and could burn the board too easily. I use an Antex Precision that's about 30 years old but is great for small stuff like this, with a chisel tip.

The last pic -- the headlight bulb -- just pushes in and twists (after the other is out). No soldering required.
With a careful hand, you'll actually have better luck using a high wattage soldering iron in order to not burn components because the required contact time to melt the solder is shorter. Decreases heat dispersal through the components.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately being in Texas now, E85 isn’t readily available, unless you’re pretty close to the largest cities. Closest station that supposedly has it (and who knows what the actual content is.) is 90 miles from me. It sucks because I absolutely love the way she runs on corn! That 10 bolt will hopefully hold up for a little while with my heads / cam upgrades, since I girdled it with a TA Performance cover. We will see..
The rear end all depends on how the trans is tuned and how well your truck hooks. I blew up a 10 bolt in my truck with stock trans and stock 5.3 with an LS3 cam. Sheared the ring gear bolts surprisingly enough, never seen anything like it. 500 miles from home no less.

Building a 9.5 14 bolt for it next time.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so saner heads have prevailed. My half lit idea for a supercharger was shot down the moment I brought it up to my better half. She would rather spend it on other things. So instead I'm getting my boat refinished this winter, and some minor upgrades for the Tahoe. Looking at bolt on side bars, remote start, back up camera, and tinting the windows. The boat will unfortunately suck up most of the extra funds for the time being. Thanks for the information anyway, hopefully one day I'll be able to put it to good use!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so saner heads have prevailed. My half lit idea for a supercharger was shot down the moment I brought it up to my better half. She would rather spend it on other things. So instead I'm getting my boat refinished this winter, and some minor upgrades for the Tahoe. Looking at bolt on side bars, remote start, back up camera, and tinting the windows. The boat will unfortunately suck up most of the extra funds for the time being. Thanks for the information anyway, hopefully one day I'll be able to put it to good use!
Boats and airplanes tend to tap the wallet pretty good sometimes... I'm sure it will still be worthwhile to refinish, so you can really enjoy the boat.
I was really impressed with the Boyo brand camera I just got from Crutchfield. It was less than $50, but the quality is pretty impressive. Great visibility at night and has nice wide angle view of things.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boats and airplanes tend to tap the wallet pretty good sometimes... I'm sure it will still be worthwhile to refinish, so you can really enjoy the boat.
I was really impressed with the Boyo brand camera I just got from Crutchfield. It was less than $50, but the quality is pretty impressive. Great visibility at night and has nice wide angle view of things.
I'm not sure of the brand I'll be going with for camera. I have an high end audio shop right around the corner from me and I trust their judgment for recommendations so whatever they say is what I'll do. So far they haven't done me wrong. I'm glad to hear it may be cheaper than my thoughts have lead me to believe. But it is what it is, I'm keeping this Tahoe forever.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the PCM out to check the service number. Ordered a spare to try bench tuning with my VCX Nano, PCM Hammer, and Tuner Pro to turn on e-fans. Should be here next week. 2004 flex.
3B8265AC-1233-4B98-9FDB-661F0DEC9A45.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pulled the PCM out to check the service number. Ordered a spare to try bench tuning with my VCX Nano, PCM Hammer, and Tuner Pro to turn on e-fans. Should be here next week. 2004 flex.
View attachment 389167
Would it make a difference if you used a pcm from a different year NBS that was non flex fuel? Are the internsl electronics different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan