What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
134a is 134a.

Best to have somebody put gauges on there if you have an HACR or HVAC buddy.

If you just go for it, do a little at a time. If you overcharge it, your compressor will ultimately end up paying the price.

Mine had this same progression. I added a couple cans using the cheap gauge that comes with the can. I also monitored the vent temp in relation to the ambient temp cuz I don't trust those gauges. It's chilly now. I kinda don't care if it blows up cuz I wanna replace the major wear components, anyway. I just want it to last until winter. I'm sure you already know to NOT use the stuff with the leak sealant. I used the cheapest 134A Walmart had.
I just remembered my buddy that owns a body shop can do it. I’m dropping it off in a few days, need to leave it with him because he’s super busy.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, mine was leaking from the high side port. Had it vacuumed, new port, fill. It sat for two weeks. Yesterday, barely blowing 70*. Looked under the hood, heard noises - low side cap was covered in oily green grime. Going to take it back. It pains me to pay them for $10 parts that screw in, but in my older age, I'm a little more considerate of the environment as I don't have the recovery tool.

Speakers on high:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, mine was leaking from the high side port. Had it vacuumed, new port, fill. It sat for two weeks. Yesterday, barely blowing 70*. Looked under the hood, heard noises - low side cap was covered in oily green grime. Going to take it back. It pains me to pay them for $10 parts that screw in, but in my older age, I'm a little more considerate of the environment as I don't have the recovery tool.

Speakers on high:

The Schrader valve is leaking? Man, that sucks - I thought it was only the high side ball valve that had a habit of leaking as it gets older. Hey, at least you're too knowledgeable to fall for the shop quoting you on a full rebuild you don't need!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Speakers on high:
A dumb question is the one that is not asked, so here we go...
If the Schrader valves are having slow leaks and not ******* (auto-censor LOL can't say p.i.s.s.i.n.g.) out full force... Can Teflon tape be used on the cap to seal the leak?
May not be THE solution for yours, but I would think it might work in some cases where leaks are slow.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dumb question is the one that is not asked, so here we go...
If the Schrader valves are having slow leaks and not ******* (auto-censor LOL can't say p.i.s.s.i.n.g.) out full force... Can Teflon tape be used on the cap to seal the leak?
May not be THE solution for yours, but I would think it might work in some cases where leaks are slow.
The cap is just to keep dirt out, not meant to be a seal. The schrader is basically a tire valve with a plunger and o-ring. My high side was leaking years ago and I put a new one in because everything had already leaked out. Then I took it in to have it charged.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced my fuel pressure regulator a few weeks back... everything was good but now I am noticing acceleration is a little sluggish and cruising at 70mph i can feel a little roughness like it may be the fuel/air ratio. cleaned MAF and intake filter. still a little wonky, so much so it messes up my shifts a little.
gonna try and put the old one back in and see how it runs

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replaced my fuel pressure regulator a few weeks back... everything was good but now I am noticing acceleration is a little sluggish and cruising at 70mph i can feel a little roughness like it may be the fuel/air ratio. cleaned MAF and intake filter. still a little wonky, so much so it messes up my shifts a little.
Why did you replace it? And was the new one OEM?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It wouldn't hurt to verify the proper fuel pressure after changing the FPR, or when you have trouble like this. Lots of auto parts stores will rent a fuel pressure tester for free under the loaner program.

LM7Tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Technically last week, but I replaced the fuel lines on my Tahoe, and today I sealed the rear diff cover. I’ve noticed a few spots of gear oil in the driveway lately, found a relatively new cover with a few loose bolts…

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you replace it? And was the new one OEM?
When starting my truck it took a couple cranks before turning over, it wasn't bad but noticeable.. for a while i just simply clicked the key to power let the fuel pump prime for a moment before starting.
I replaced it with an acdelco.
Ill try and check proper fuel pressure thanks for the tip. Also gonna try and put the old one back in see if there's a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157