What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I uh, gave her the onions from a stop.. first time I really got her going since the work has been done.. couldn’t help myself, as daughter and I were blasting some Master of Puppets.. annnnd I did not expect that..!! View attachment 376722
G80 putting in work.. I better upgrade this rear end before I blow it up..! @Tonyrodz
@Sam Harris , yup that'll do it, but it's so much fun lol.

Checked the header bolts real quick and looked it over under the hood for any loose connections, or anything sucking air--nothing visible, everything feels tight. Fuel trims are still off between banks 1 and 2.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever searched LKQ for a 2nd row seat? They'd be in much better shape then front seats. Probably lots floating around that's never even been sat in.
I have looked, believe me. There’s nothing around here in any yards at all, and online I can’t find any that aren’t worse than mine. These are 21-23 years old, second row- not third row. My third rows are in great shape, stored away. The 00-02 Denali’s are the only ones in my color combination (two tone). Not the 03-06, not the Tahoe or Burb.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have looked, believe me. There’s nothing around here in any yards at all, and online I can’t find any that aren’t worse than mine. These are 21-23 years old, second row- not third row. My third rows are in great shape, stored away. The 00-02 Denali’s are the only ones in my color combination (two tone). Not the 03-06, not the Tahoe or Burb.
I remember--that dark pewter in the center and shale on the outer. I'm really curious on that leather product you bought to repair the scratches.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ac in The Beast isn’t super cold this summer. I’m thinking it’s low on refrigerant, actually pretty sure. 2 years ago it was super cold, last year seemed a little less cold, and this year not very cold at all. Opinions on whether I should try adding a can or should I just pony up and pay to have it recharged? Who has used the cans from the auto parts stores, and is there any preferred brand?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My ac in The Beast isn’t super cold this summer. I’m thinking it’s low on refrigerant, actually pretty sure. 2 years ago it was super cold, last year seemed a little less cold, and this year not very cold at all. Opinions on whether I should try adding a can or should I just pony up and pay to have it recharged? Who has used the cans from the auto parts stores, and is there any preferred brand?
134a is 134a.

Best to have somebody put gauges on there if you have an HACR or HVAC buddy.

If you just go for it, do a little at a time. If you overcharge it, your compressor will ultimately end up paying the price.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine had this same progression. I added a couple cans using the cheap gauge that comes with the can. I also monitored the vent temp in relation to the ambient temp cuz I don't trust those gauges. It's chilly now. I kinda don't care if it blows up cuz I wanna replace the major wear components, anyway. I just want it to last until winter. I'm sure you already know to NOT use the stuff with the leak sealant. I used the cheapest 134A Walmart had.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been ignoring P0496. Got a new purge valve solenoid for $36 with 20% off bucket sale at NAPA.

Mine had a plastic elbow fitting on it, which I did not see in YouTube videos. Simply squeeze the gray clip-tab-thing and the elbow slid easily off the purge valve.
What I expected to be 10-15 minute job potentially fighting a stubborn hose directly connected to the part, turned out to be about a 5 minute job to swap out the part with the quick disconnect fitting!

New part does not come with the gray silicone gasket that goes between the intake and the purge valve. Make sure you hang on to the one that is on there...

20220731_180325.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep