What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the o2 sensor(Denso?) swapped out. Got a little better, but pretty much doing the same thing. I think I'll pull the plugs to see what they look like, then maybe change the maf sensor. I have a spare oem. Still no cel.
Make sure to double check the plug wires for any signs of burning. You should hook up the Tech2 and look at live misfire data, you could possibly pinpoint a cylinder or 2. It’s almost always plug wires burnt on mine when it starts running like crap due to the headers, and I know you have headers too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Make sure to double check the plug wires for any signs of burning. You should hook up the Tech2 and look at live misfire data, you could possibly pinpoint a cylinder or 2. It’s almost always plug wires burnt on mine when it starts running like crap due to the headers, and I know you have headers too.
I didn't think of checking the wires. Thx for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'll have to do it Saturday--my next day off. I leave before the sun is up, and I get home when it's dark. Which wires do you have Mark?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
While it's dark you could always have it running and raise the hood; look for a lightning storm at each of the spark plug wires. Not conclusive, but cheap and easy, and in the dark.
True dat! I'll tell you tho, the Hoe has really gotten on my nerves these past few years. I can def tell it's a fe....! Lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think of checking the wires. Thx for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'll have to do it Saturday--my next day off. I leave before the sun is up, and I get home when it's dark. Which wires do you have Mark?
I got mine off EBay, they’re no-name custom.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you have to realize members of this forum should have better results than the general population because we actually maintain our vehicles way better than the general population, including transmission fluid and filter changes. Im sure most owners don’t ever maintain the trans. I know the previous owner(s) of my truck never changed the fluid and filter once in the 110k miles it had on it before I bought it. :)
True. My trans was replaced @ 120k. Had no fluid and filter changes before they started having issues with it. I've replaced fluid twice since I've owned it and its around 210k now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 mm? Have a link? I MIGHT just buy a set. My old 10mm Taylor's were almost $100. Stupid kid ruined a few, so he replaced with stockish wires--no name.
These are $129 but they’re the only ones I haven’t burned through. You need to have the right coils, yours should be. Look at the description. You can’t go by the fitment chart.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
These are $129 but they’re the only ones I haven’t burned through. You need to have the right coils, yours should be. Look at the description. You can’t go by the fitment chart.
Thx Mark. I'll check the coils out later on. I never burned through the Taylor's, the moron broke a few pulling them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasahigh303