What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger on a series 40 muffler till I heard the borla pro xs. Now I’m torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I thought I'd see why my parking brakes weren't working. Was hoping that they would just need adjusting. Of course not. And while I was looking, I failed to find any dust shield to speak of. I did find lots of pieces, however.View attachment 260627
Now I wait til Friday for Amazon.
I see the dust shield right under that mallot. Just needs a bit of rust encapsulator. Did you buy the 2-piece ones so you don’t have to pull the axles?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the experience with the 2-piece quality? Are they as thick and sturdy as the 1-piece? I'm a-gonna need them in the near future.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the experience with the 2-piece quality? Are they as thick and sturdy as the 1-piece? I'm a-gonna need them in the near future.
I had my Dorman 2-piece ones on for 2 years and they were fine. A little thinner than stock but other than that they were like new when I removed them and installed OEM 1-piece ones a month ago. Now I’m chasing a rubbing sound on hard cornering but I have Wilwoods 14” rotors back there. Wish I would have left the 2-piece ones on. They install way easier.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had my Dorman 2-piece ones on for 2 years and they were fine. A little thinner than stock but other than that they were like new when I removed them and installed OEM 1-piece ones a month ago. Now I’m chasing a rubbing sound on hard cornering but I have Wilwoods 14” rotors back there. Wish I would have left the 2-piece ones on. They install way easier.
But you don't have salty winters--I'm sure that helps lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n