Welp broke something serious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really- just either the TrueTrack or the locker…

I think it really gets down to what you will be spending the most time doing and how important each thing is to you. Everyone is different as far as what is really important to them and what doesn't bother them with their "daily driver." For what I do, no way a Detroit Locker makes sense. Even a Truetrac is going to be "there" when I am driving around town. Maybe fine, but I am willing to admit, I might regret it, because I do think I will likely know it is there.

We use our trucks for very different things, but to me, an open diff is like all season tires on the interstate doing 80, just about perfect. When I go up and find some rocky/muddy forest road that is much worse than I expected, being able to turn that open diff into a locker at the flip of a switch is pretty darn nice. On the other hand, while pretty limited as far as the "electronics complexity" is concerned, it is still more complexity and there is always that pesky hole in the dash for the switch.

So maybe Truetrac is a good compromise for me, just like the G80 is an OK compromise as a factory option. There is no doubt there is a reason Eaton offers the Locker, Elocker, Truetrac and the Posi options, because everyone has different priorities.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next thing I gotta figure out is why my ABS activates when braking in reverse down my steep driveway. Braking at normal speeds works fine.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next thing I gotta figure out is why my ABS activates when braking in reverse down my steep driveway. Braking at normal speeds works fine.

I think the Truetrac works in both reverse and forward gears, maybe the torque bias is screwing with the sensors.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only experience I have had with a Torsen style diff was a race car I ran. We installed it to see if it would allow us to enhance grip coming out of corners (road racing).

The first half of the test day after we got it installed, I really didn't like how it felt, transitions seemed much more indefinite. In the second half of the day we started taking times and after we made a few spring and sway bar adjustments, I turned the fastest lap I ever did with that car on that track.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ignore. Just found that you can no longer reply to pieces of a post. :nono:
You can, it just doesn't highlight when you go to drag your mouse and delete unwanted characters. You have to picture it in your mind. Something that needs fixed for sure.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can, it just doesn't highlight when you go to drag your mouse and delete unwanted characters. You have to picture it in your mind. Something that needs fixed for sure.

I've realized and been trying to make peace with that. But, what I've always done is to copy/paste the quoted message however many times necessary, then deleted the points I wasn't replying to in each one. Without being able to copy the "
member12345...
stuff, I don't know what it's gonna show. Maybe I'll mess around in a junk forum. Pete @PG01 and Nate @HiHoeSilver are in for a surprise if they ever stop by.