Weirdness after spark plugs change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have cleaned the TB couple weeks ago as I said. I had actually removed it from the vehicle and thoroughly cleaned both sides and the circumference with carburetor cleaner. I also cleaned the chamber that is directly after the TB (which was extremely oily) and made everything look brand spanking new. Also my air intake filter is also clean.
I live in Qatar, there are no Walmart stores here but I will try to find Techron cleaner as suggested by another member.
The chamber right behind your throttle body is your intake manifold. How did you clean this?

Sometimes when you remove and reinstall the throttle body, you have to go through a “relearn” procedure so the vehicle knows the throttle position. This can take a while.

OP
OP
R

RizwanWali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The chamber right behind your throttle body is your intake manifold. How did you clean this?

Sometimes when you remove and reinstall the throttle body, you have to go through a “relearn” procedure so the vehicle knows the throttle position. This can take a while.
Yes I just sprayed some carb cleaner on a towel and cleaned the accessible part of the chamber. Basically a foot long section of it right after the TB.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plugs look original AC DELCO they came in their original packaging and looked brand new.
I must say though I did not change the gap as advised by the salesman.

If you got them in-person from a salesman, then they're likely legit. The half-priced ebay and Amazon specials are the ones you gotta watch out for.

bce1b7677e6c48059cc56db81119d0fa.jpg

c4a3e946e15e9b475af5b4d0b4a7fcfa.jpg

denso9-Copy.jpg

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I changed the 41-110 spark plugs on the 6.2 engine I was told that the plugs are gaped correctly. Upon checking the gap the new 41-110 plugs were all gaped at a tight .030 verified with 2 tools. They should be gaped at .040 , so much for being gaped properly. Long story but I would check the gap on yours. A tight gap will give you the same problems the OP is expressing.

OP
OP
R

RizwanWali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the advertised gap, on the box?

Did you check the gaps before installing them?

Thanks for the comment.
I just checked the original box they came in, doesn’t say the gap anywhere. Maybe it’s worth checking out spark plug in cylinder 1 which is easy to get to... I don’t have a gap tool so I’ll probably have to show it to a tech somewhere.

Unless someone here can figure out the gap with a banana next to it for scale lol

OP
OP
R

RizwanWali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the advertised gap, on the box?

Did you check the gaps before installing them?
The box didn’t state the gap, I double checked. Also I don’t have a gap tool so I took the guy’s word for it being gapped properly.

OP
OP
R

RizwanWali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you got them in-person from a salesman, then they're likely legit. The half-priced ebay and Amazon specials are the ones you gotta watch out for.

bce1b7677e6c48059cc56db81119d0fa.jpg

c4a3e946e15e9b475af5b4d0b4a7fcfa.jpg

denso9-Copy.jpg
The ones I got were AC DELCOs and the set cost me $65 when converted from riyals.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iridium plugs are supposed to come with the gap preset properly for the application. You're not supposed to change it since most standard gap tools can damage the Iridium tip. Yes, you can adjust it, you have to grab the ground electrode with smooth pliers and exercise LOTS of hand control. The AC Delco 41-110 Iridium plugs should be pre-gapped to .040". Even if they were a little tighter, it wouldn't affect it much at all, nothing like what you're experiencing. SES light on? Checked the intake tube for improper reinstallation/leak?

I recently had my battery disconnected for about a month straight, if not more for an engine refresh. Intake manifold was removed and sprayed out with a garden hose, brake cleaner, high-pressure air, etc. TB blade, TB throat and MAF was all cleaned. It fired right up on the first pop and didn't have to relearn idle or anything. It just loped and idled goofy because of the cam and still on the stock tune.

Have you checked the wires to ensure they're all fully snapped into place?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094