Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Water is pooling in the track underneath the front passenger door ceil plate of my 2003 Tahoe. It accumulates only when it rains. If it rains long enough, the track overflows and saturates the rug. Can’t be coming from evap. The windshield was recently replaced. They removed the windshield and reinstalled it but it was never the source of the leak. Every conceivable way to trouble shoot the problem thru via social media has not helped. All I can think is that it could be a bad seam in the cowling. Any info would help

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would say under the cowling could be the source. The door seal would not allow water to get UNDER that plate like a cowling leak area leak would trail down to there. You can get as far as you can under the dash and stuff napkins in different areas and see which ones get wet.

I see you are new. Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094