Wanna see some bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I said final update, but it just doesn't get better than this;

On my to some family's for Thanksgiving, went over some absurdly poor railroad tracks, rear end smashed loudly over them....annnnd the drop links for the rear sway bar snapped on the passenger side lmao. Fffffffffuuuuuuuu

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I said final update, but it just doesn't get better than this;

On my to some family's for Thanksgiving, went over some absurdly poor railroad tracks, rear end smashed loudly over them....annnnd the drop links for the rear sway bar snapped on the passenger side lmao. Fffffffffuuuuuuuu

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Who’s end links are they? DJM makes some that are offset and they relocate the sway bar 1” to the passenger side otherwise the mount for the panhard bar will hit the end link and break it. Also, have you done the free travel mod? If your lowered 4” or more in the rear you need to do that or the bump stops will bottom out.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who’s end links are they? DJM makes some that are offset and they relocate the sway bar 1” to the passenger side otherwise the mount for the panhard bar will hit the end link and break it. Also, have you done the free travel mod? If your lowered 4” or more in the rear you need to do that or the bump stops will bottom out.
I'm pretty sure it's all djm for the lowering kit. It's pretty rusty, but the hard parts look close enough to the 200$kit that djm sells. The endlinks look identical so that's what I'm going with.

I've done the ftm and tow close to capacity in the summer months w/o issue. I think it was just rusted enough and hit that rr track JUST right. I've gone over those tracks a million times now w/o issue so...just crap luck.

Given the level of rust, I'll probably redo the whole kit with the djm again vs just the endlinks. I replaced the shocks last year with belltech streets when I was trying to figure out what was on the car already; so those are still good.

I will probably bag the rear springs when I'm back there finally.

After the front replacement and fixing the notched frame / uca thing, the front is a bit more floaty than previous...I am real tempted to do a f/r swaybar kit...

I may go with new custom f/r coilovers from atomic fab too...but ill wait until something NEEDS to be replaced given the $ I just dropped on those effing belltechs lol

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DJM endlinks are also known to break at the welds. If that’s what you have (you’ll know if the PS one is offset because only DJM sells those) and the weld broke, they are lifetime warranty. I broke the PS one due to no fault of my own and they replaced both. Broke right at the weld and when I examined it you could see terrible ***********, the welds were crap.

Holy sh*t, penetrati*n is censored here. @07Burb can you fix that?

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These mounts are like Frosted Flakes they are so rusty lol. The sway bar definitely made contact, it appears.

It's also cold and dark out so maybe I can get a more inclusive pic in the day
20211126_173251.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These mounts are like Frosted Flakes they are so rusty lol. The sway bar definitely made contact, it appears.

It's also cold and dark out so maybe I can get a more inclusive pic in the day
View attachment 356454
Definitely DJM. It’s hard to see but is the sway bar on the passenger or driver side of it? Iirc it’s supposed to be mounted to the passenger side but I can’t locate their install instructions on their website. I remember some of these breaking because they were installed wrong which caused them to hit on the panhard.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely DJM. It’s hard to see but is the sway bar on the passenger or driver side of it? Iirc it’s supposed to be mounted to the passenger side but I can’t locate their install instructions on their website. I remember some of these breaking because they were installed wrong which caused them to hit on the panhard.
I'm not at home so pics aren't working great, I posted another pic but it may not have worked. Definitely is mounted on the drivers/inside of the link.

How I've never hit that panhard before with a fully loaded trailer and tahoe at interstate speeds is beyond me!

Given the level of care that was taken to lower the rest of the tahoe, I'm guessing the swaybar was never moved on the drivers side. I'll get a full pic under there tomorrow when the sun is out. Maybe go adjustable panhard bar too? I'll have to read up. Seeing the amount of rust under this thing really makes me not want to spend any more money on it (like those new swaybars, coilivers, etc).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no parts yet, so I had to rent an suv to take the family on a trip this wknd. They were out of tahoes so I had to get a Nissan Pathfinder. My 2012 is in no danger of being traded in for a Nissan anytime soon...or ever. What a crapfest. CVT, zero sight lines, a real far drop from the early body on frame versions. If I wanted a minivan I'd get a minivan.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner already moved that mount? It looks crooked and the hardware is different than the PS. Crazy that they did that, but then the rest of the build is wrong lol

20211206_203746.jpg
20211206_203739.jpg

Also f this, it's cold outside. 14*F in a non-insulated garage.

Lastly, it appears the previous owner bent the DS endlink AND put it on backwards to get it to fit?? lol *thinks back to when he told himself to never buy a lowered vehicle
20211206_205150.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401