Another persistent P0420

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to just shut up sometimes. My CEL came on yesterday, day after my comment LOL. Going to take it in for airbag recall and see if they can confirm what exactly needs to be changed. Cats are the highest bidder...

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add I used Dura Lube and CEL came on after like 15 miles. Sounds like the new headers/cats is most affordable solution. Any brand preffered?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add I used Dura Lube and CEL came on after like 15 miles. Sounds like the new headers/cats is most affordable solution. Any brand preffered?
Stock manifolds will provide the least noise in the cab. Try to get a stock Y-Pipe and Cats if your budget allows. I am running a Magnaflow cats and y-pipe four years now without issue.

Long tube headers can come with catted y-pipes, have to check with each manufacturer.

OP
OP
T

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Walker 50486. Nice stainless y-pipe and cats. Just need gaskets, sold separately.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power of God! I had to replace my battery and all of a sudden, i'm going hundreds of miles with no CEL. I passed my inspection!!! Not sure if the cataclean had some long term effects that helped, i used like 3 bottles within 2 months

OldEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Despite all the things I did and had the shop do, the cat efficiency code for bank 1 continued to crop up until I relented and replaced the cats. I was hoping to avoid the expense of new cats but with the miles the factory ones were pretty much aged out.

Tom,
it's been a few months.
Has the issue still been fixed since you replaced the cats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts